Wednesday, 1/5/2011, What's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did someone say mushroom gratin? I made some (again) tonight, too :)

Attachments

• mushroom gratin.jpg
    mushroom gratin.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 185
WOW! Everything looks and sounds great!!

Psssssst PaC your gonna turn into a mushroom!! LOL I love shrooms also!!

Breaded cutlets
Dredge flour: AP flour, peanut flour, flaxseed meal, sea salt, ground peppercorn blend
Egg wash: Egg, milk (or buttermilk), sea salt, ground peppercorn blend
Crumbs: Panko Unseasoned bread crumbs, Oregano, Garlic powder, Onion powder, Goya Adobo Seasoning, Accent, Sea Salt, Ground peppercorns, Cayenne, Paprika

img_955932_0_6321e5364f8231a654bbc056fdcb2614.jpg

Chicken cutlets fried in canola oil (in cast iron pan)

img_955932_1_72cf4ab6d4e4a3379992363a2b4a7e06.jpg

Fried chicken is draining on brown paper bag.

img_955932_2_923263ce9081ec00136547b87970af6a.jpg

Plated - Breaded & fried B/S chicken breasts (cut into cutlets and pounded), mashed potatoes (butter, ½ & ½, sea salt, ground peppercorn blend and chives) and steamed & buttered fresh chopped baby spinach.

img_955932_3_5f57e25694bafc7490caf8eee53a92b8.jpg

I made some lemongrass grilled beef with vermicelli noodles, it was yummy :)

WOW! Everything looks and sounds great!!

Psssssst PaC your gonna turn into a mushroom!! LOL I love shrooms also!!

I just might! I already have a strong urge to move to WI from all the cheese I've been eating :LOL:

Wow, all these great photos of your dinners are just beautiful ... I think I want some of each.

Nothing too exciting here ... we had mushroom barley soup.

I still keep regular ones around for a lighter breading, like on perch, but I love panko on this and shrimp.

I did look for the Panko while shopping today. I didn't find them yet. I'll keep looking. Not by the seafood accessories, just batter mixes and dips.

I did manage to find a 1.5# package of nice size scallops for $10 though. I'm sure I can figure something to do with them. Ideas welcome!

I misrememebred the other day, Z. The panko crumbs I have are Progresso, not Gia Russo. Just in case you want to ask your store for them.

My scallops see nothing but a little S&P and a hot skillet with EVOO and butter in it. Two minutes one side, one minute the other :)

I put a large "handful" of the scallops in a little pan with a stick of butter and garlic. MMMmmmmm. So good, I did it again.

I misrememebred the other day, Z. The panko crumbs I have are Progresso, not Gia Russo. Just in case you want to ask your store for them.

My scallops see nothing but a little S&P and a hot skillet with EVOO and butter in it. Two minutes one side, one minute the other :)
I usually use Progresso panko and regular crumbs but the last time I replaced them with 4C which are pretty good. BUT stale bread is stale bread!! LOL Just kidding.

I did look for the Panko while shopping today. I didn't find them yet. I'll keep looking. Not by the seafood accessories, just batter mixes and dips.

I did manage to find a 1.5# package of nice size scallops for $10 though. I'm sure I can figure something to do with them. Ideas welcome!

Panko is great used on scallops. I did some this past summer. Breaded the scallops and sauteed in a little butter. By the time the panko is browned the scallops are ready to go. Loved 'em.

I usually use Progresso panko and regular crumbs but the last time I replaced them with 4C which are pretty good. BUT stale bread is stale bread!! LOL Just kidding.

When they first hit my area I bought Kikkoman, but Progressive is a more popular brand name around here and that's probably why more stores have started carrying panko. And that's a good thing :)

Back
Top Bottom