Wednesday 11/30/2011 What's cookin'?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Shrimp boiled in Old Bay, and, umm, something else. I may have to go spelunking again.

Ha! It paid off. Having some fine vintage black beans and rice with the shrimp.

Last edited:
Stuffed pork chop, pan gravy and stuffed butternut squash (granny smith, butter, raisins, dried cherries, walnuts, brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon)

img_1078093_0_db426bf0482cda62117033f6bcbfec3b.jpg

msmofet said:
Stuffed pork chop, pan gravy and stuffed butternut squash (granny smith, butter, raisins, dried cherries, walnuts, brown sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon)

Oh, does that look scrumptious, MsM!!!

MsM, that looks delish! Love the combination of flavours they all go so nicely with pork. Your pan gravy looks rich and tasty!

Just as a follow-up, meatloaf using leftover stuffing as the bread filler is really, really good!

I added some more poultry seasoning to enhance the flavor. It was a home run!

Just as a follow-up, meatloaf using leftover stuffing as the bread filler is really, really good!

I used to make a meatloaf that actually was filled with stuffing. You made a meat "crust" in a loaf pan on all sides and bottom. Then you filled it with stuffing. The recipe called for the packaged kind, but I always used leftover stuffing from a turkey. Then you put the rest of the meat on top and sealed it well. I used to put a mushroom sauce over it. I stopped making it when DH was diagnosed with celiac. But I could always use gluten free bread in the stuffing.

Zhizara said:

I will have to remember that! What a good idea.

MsM, that looks delish! Love the combination of flavours they all go so nicely with pork. Your pan gravy looks rich and tasty!
Thank you LP. We didn't really like the butternut because it was so bland. Next time I will use the same stuffing but put it in an acoorn squash.

I used to make a meatloaf that actually was filled with stuffing. You made a meat "crust" in a loaf pan on all sides and bottom. Then you filled it with stuffing. The recipe called for the packaged kind, but I always used leftover stuffing from a turkey. Then you put the rest of the meat on top and sealed it well. I used to put a mushroom sauce over it. I stopped making it when DH was diagnosed with celiac. But I could always use gluten free bread in the stuffing.
That sound fantastic. Was it a red or brown mushroom gravy?

LPBeier said:

That sounds really good, LP!

I've made meatloaf where the bread mixture was stovetop stuffing. It's the only meatloaf I make now. The recipe is here I think.

I've made meatloaf where the bread mixture was stovetop stuffing. It's the only meatloaf I make now. The recipe is here I think.

I use cornbread stuffing mix in meatloaf, seasoned with a taco seasoning packet and drained stewed tomatoes. What kind of stuffing do you use?

You're welcome.
I keep a few boxes of stuffing mix around for that meatloaf and her foiled stuffed chicken breast packets.

Back
Top Bottom