Wednesday, 11-6-2019, what are you eating?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
I had put a piece of pork loin into brine and had plans for dinner, but the closer it got to dinner, the less I felt like cooking as today was just not a good day. So, told Craig I was sorry but just didn't feel like cooking. He asked what should we order. Told him I didn't really care so he suggested Greek. We got spanikopita and tzatziki for apps, moussaka for Craig, a gyro platter for me and Galaktobouriko for dessert.

Drained the brine from the loin and put it back in the fridge for tomorrow.

Brunch was a little of each - fried chicken breast, rotisserie chicken and salad.

chicken_salad_110619_IMG_6416.jpg

My dinner was 2 homemade tacos & fresh popped Orville Redenbacher salted & buttered popcorn.

SO made a couple of chicken pies with the roast chicken leftover from last night's dinner. Delicious.

We've been in St. Augustine since mid-afternoon. We decided to have dinner at a restaurant called "O.C. Smith's", a seafood and other stuff place in a building from 1790. Interesting setting, good food and drinks. Himself had flounder sauteed and topped with cheesy breadcrumbs and fresh sauteed crab. I had a pasta dish with a creamy garlic sauce mixed with fresh sauteed tomato chunks, mushrooms, scallions, artichoke hearts, and big, beautiful, fresh shrimp. There had to have been at least a half pound! We also had drinks with dinner - Himself had the house drink with Bourbon; I had a glass of NZ Sauvignon blanc wine. Ah, vacation...

Last night we had grilled bacon burgers topped with blue cheese. Those 1/2 and 1/2 gr beef and bacon patties are really good. Served them on a toasted bun with red onion/tomato/romaine lettuce along with Tater Tots.

Last night we had grilled bacon burgers topped with blue cheese. Those 1/2 and 1/2 gr beef and bacon patties are really good. Served them on a toasted bun with red onion/tomato/romaine lettuce along with Tater Tots.

The other day I was watching Diners Drive-ins and Dives. Guy was at a restaurant that served bacon burgers-the whole patty was ground bacon! I thought I have to try that.

Kayelle, did you make our buy those half and half pattys?

The Odd Couple - Monster Prawns, Filet Mignon, Rice with Creole' Sauce...
Lettuce Wedge under Ranch Dressing with Bacon Bits ...

IMG_2021.jpg

Filet Mignon, Monster Prawns & Rice, Creole' Sauce.jpg

The other day I was watching Diners Drive-ins and Dives. Guy was at a restaurant that served bacon burgers-the whole patty was ground bacon! I thought I have to try that.

Kayelle, did you make our buy those half and half pattys?

Andy, this is what we buy in a freezer case at our local supermarket. I'll warn you that they spoil you for ordinary gr. beef patties. I pan fried them once, and that was a mistake with all the fat so I grill them on my outdoor grill now. That blue cheese sent them right over the top last night.:yum:

Attachments

• PB070032[1].jpg
    PB070032[1].jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 89
Andy, this is what we buy in a freezer case at our local supermarket. I'll warn you that they spoil you for ordinary gr. beef patties. I pan fried them once, and that was a mistake with all the fat so I grill them on my outdoor grill now. That blue cheese sent them right over the top last night.:yum:

Thanks. I'll check it out tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom