"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 04-11-2007, 04:37 PM   #21
Head Chef
Send a message via AIM to college_cook
We've got some boneless pork chops to use up... but what I really want is some spaghetti and meatballs.

college_cook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 05:16 PM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire
Raining here today, after weeks of beautiful sunny weather, it poured today. Mixed some white rice with some sauteed garlic and then added some french onion soup and sauteed mushrooms..Did some oven ribs, and some fruit salad.. No dessert, there is just too much ice cream in the freezer..

HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 05:36 PM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Stormy and weird here today. High winds. Looks like the weather's been ordered off a Chinese menu. Something from every column.

We're having Steak San Marino. Sirloin steal with chopped, celery, onion, Italian seasoning, tomato sauce, etc. Side of pasta. Leftover chocolate Easter eggs for dessert.
"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 05:51 PM   #24
Head Chef
Tonight I am making myself a chicken salad with large chunks of chicken, carrots, small green onions, and celery.

I get this to go all the time at the deli department of my market so I decided to make one and hope it is as good as theirs is.

Jill and Jolie
shpj4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:04 PM   #25
Master Chef
DH and I are still sick...this thing is really hanging on. Neither of us has much appetite, but Kim found some onion soup in the freezer, and that sounded pretty good to both of us.
We get by with a little help from our friends
Constance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:16 PM   #26
Senior Cook
Hit up the Acme yesterday and got some of that super-yummy Amish chicken for super-cheap ($1.59/lb for split breasts!), spent last night cutting them up while watching TV. Got a dozen baggies of chicken for stir-fry sitting in the freezer now. :D

And I set one aside for dinner today. :)

Sesame oil (with a little canola to boost smoke point), a serrano chile, sliced ginger and split cloves of garlic, and let that sweat in the bottom of the wok to season the oil.

Then with the heat on high, in goes the chicken. Then let the heat built, and a handful of raw unsalted whole almonds, and a can of sliced water chestnuts. Toss, separate the chicken chunks, build the heat, add soy sauce and toss until you've got that lovely caramel color.

Cover, let cook a couple minutes, split the biggest piece of chicken to check doneness, and if you've good, kill the heat and give it a minute to cool.

Finished off the leftover rice in the fridge to go with.

Soooo good. :D

Only downside was catching a flying droplet of hot, spicy oil directly in my right eye. Flushed it right away, though, and there's just a little irritation, no vision issues or pain, so that's good.
"It's not a bald spot, it's a solar panel for my electric personality."
-Red Green
LMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:27 PM   #27
Head Chef
Left over bbq meatloaf, mashed tators and green beans.
Angie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 06:29 PM   #28
Senior Cook
We are going to grill filet mignon as well as potatoes, onions, poblano peppers, garlic & butter in tin foil. And a salad with red peppers, carrots, radishes, cucumbers, red onion, toasted pine nuts, feta & a honey tarragon balsamic vinaigrette. A bottle of red & fudgy brownies for dessert.

Clienta is offline   Reply With Quote