Wednesday 11th April- what's for supper?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Raining here today, after weeks of beautiful sunny weather, it poured today. Mixed some white rice with some sauteed garlic and then added some french onion soup and sauteed mushrooms..Did some oven ribs, and some fruit salad.. No dessert, there is just too much ice cream in the freezer..

kadesma:)

Stormy and weird here today. High winds. Looks like the weather's been ordered off a Chinese menu. Something from every column.

We're having Steak San Marino. Sirloin steal with chopped, celery, onion, Italian seasoning, tomato sauce, etc. Side of pasta. Leftover chocolate Easter eggs for dessert.

Tonight I am making myself a chicken salad with large chunks of chicken, carrots, small green onions, and celery.

I get this to go all the time at the deli department of my market so I decided to make one and hope it is as good as theirs is.

DH and I are still sick...this thing is really hanging on. Neither of us has much appetite, but Kim found some onion soup in the freezer, and that sounded pretty good to both of us.

Hit up the Acme yesterday and got some of that super-yummy Amish chicken for super-cheap ($1.59/lb for split breasts!), spent last night cutting them up while watching TV. Got a dozen baggies of chicken for stir-fry sitting in the freezer now. :D

And I set one aside for dinner today. :)

Sesame oil (with a little canola to boost smoke point), a serrano chile, sliced ginger and split cloves of garlic, and let that sweat in the bottom of the wok to season the oil.

Then with the heat on high, in goes the chicken. Then let the heat built, and a handful of raw unsalted whole almonds, and a can of sliced water chestnuts. Toss, separate the chicken chunks, build the heat, add soy sauce and toss until you've got that lovely caramel color.

Cover, let cook a couple minutes, split the biggest piece of chicken to check doneness, and if you've good, kill the heat and give it a minute to cool.

Finished off the leftover rice in the fridge to go with.

Soooo good. :D

Only downside was catching a flying droplet of hot, spicy oil directly in my right eye. Flushed it right away, though, and there's just a little irritation, no vision issues or pain, so that's good.

We are going to grill filet mignon as well as potatoes, onions, poblano peppers, garlic & butter in tin foil. And a salad with red peppers, carrots, radishes, cucumbers, red onion, toasted pine nuts, feta & a honey tarragon balsamic vinaigrette. A bottle of red & fudgy brownies for dessert.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom