Wednesday, 12/20/2017, what's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am doing a trial run for my stuffed turkey breast roast for Christmas Day. I had a second roast in the freezer that needs using and I want to test out the Gluten-free stuffing. I have made it before but am using a different bread. Also, we just love turkey and stuffing! :)

Big ol' pot of ham and pinto bean soup is simmering. I'll give some to the neighbor.

Corn bread if/when I get a round tuit.

I nearly forgot cooking dinner, hadnt been for the starving hoard reminding me it would been air. We had spagbol.

Definitely not the prettiest dish, but it was good.

Attachments

• 2017-12-20 18.19.37.jpg
    2017-12-20 18.19.37.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 138
Brought home some gluten free pizza crusts that we sell at the deli..they're not bad...no flavor at all, really...but they are convenient, hold up well to ingredients and dinner is in the oven within 15 minutes from arrival..

We had a family day today. The four of us made a pilgrimage to West Side Market, and after a failed attempt at scoring a Kringle at Trader Joe's, decided to drive down the road a piece to a favorite from when we lived there: Moosehead Saloon. Himself's astronomy club used to go there after public sky parties to celebrate another successful event. Ended up at their newer location even closer to Loverly's because they were having computer issues at our first stop.

We shared an onion ring app, then everyone had burgers. Himself had Moosehead's version of a patty melt, while I had the house burger, Goober had the Esta (topped with pulled pork), and Loverly had the Irish burger. A very generous portion of fresh-made, still hot potato chips came with each burger. No photos of our food, but I did take a shot of Himself's and my leftover chips. They are in a full-sized carry-out box. Our individual portions were even more generous than that! They're good, too. :yum:

Note to GG: the Westlake location isn't too far south from I-90. You might want to look them up as a possible meal stop on your way to/from MI.

Attachments

• 20171220_222458.jpg
    20171220_222458.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 113

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom