Wednesday 12/28/2026 What's on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I am planning on a pot of chili.

DD's will be working while I make it so I can add the spices I want without any complaints from either of them. :angel:
Served over brown rice and topped with sour cream, cheddar cheese and scallions.

Last edited:
The main will be crab diablo "stuffed" hogfish fillets.:yum:

Some friends have invited us over for dinner and cards tonight. She's making a grilled pork loin and mashed sweet potatoes. I'm bringing salad made with lettuces from the garden and the vinaigrette with Gravenstein apple white balsamic vinegar I made for Christmas.

Discovered I had emergency dried beef that needed to be used this week, so I soaked some salt out of it and will be making sos for myself. Made beans and rice, and chili for the spouse this week.

Discovered I had emergency dried beef that needed to be used this week, so I soaked some salt out of it and will be making sos for myself. Made beans and rice, and chili for the spouse this week.

Mom used to make SOS with dried chipped beef. That's how my dad the navy man liked it. Most people make it with ground beef but I liked dried beef. I must make it soon. She served it over toast.

Rosemary-garlic sauteed pork steaks, speckled butter beans seasoned with bacon drippings and the last, yes the last, of the ripe tomatoes from our summer garden. The little red globes sat on the kitchen windowsill until they were perfect. Iced tea to wash it all down and a few Christmas cookies for dessert.

Oysters Rockefeller, potato pancakes & baked trout.

img_1493948_0_bcc194969241d756f6a1cc5d2fb5ea23.jpg

Cleaning some odds and ends out of the freezer. Fired up to do some deep frying. Crab Rangoon, tater tots and coconut shrimp.

I made something so simple tonight, it was hard to believe it turned out so good.

I used our little individual casseroles and placed a salted split raw chicken breast in each one. Each one had about a tablespoon of pesto spread over it, and topped them with with sliced mozzarella, and sprinkled with grated parm. They were cooked at 375 degrees (convection) for 20 min. I made bacon/onion orzo for the side (and to add to the juices of the casseroles), along with glorified salads. Good eating!

We had a really nice day shopping in the city, then went downtown and had dinner in Little Italy. After wandering around for a while, we stunbled in here: GROTTA AZZURRA RESTAURANT - NEW YORK

Our dinners were fantastic! We started with mussels marinnara, then penne 3 ways (pomodoro, arrabiata, and sorentino), then DW had crusted bronzino, my boy had chicken parm, and I had a pork cutlet in a red wine sauce. All were served with braised veggies and pan roasted potatoes.

I think we just found our new "go to" place in the city.

I made CakePost's potato sausage

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f49/potato-sausage-potatiskorv-v-rmlands-korv-97188.html

However, since I didn't have casings, I made them into meatballs, baked off 25 in the oven, made gjetost gravy, sauteed cabbage, broccoli and cauliflower. Served with lingonberry sauce. Skipped the mashed potatoes/noodles since there was potato in the meat mix. From the remaining meat mix, I made a meatloaf for the freezer to be cooked while I am back in Ontario next month. For dessert, I made a cranberry-lime sorbet served with some of the sugar cookies from Christmas. Not quite the same as the sausage I had at Sankta Lucia, but still darned good. Thanks, CP! Mom ate five! And her cabbage, and her veggies, and an orange, and the sorbet and cookies. That's a lot for her to eat for supper.

Back
Top Bottom