Wednesday, 17-06-2015

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NickeeCoco

Senior Cook
Today is my day off, so I'm making bread. And then for dinner I'll be doing a garlic tomato and orzo soup, 'cos you if I'm making bread, I want some soup to go with it.

And, since I'm baking I've decided to make some black currant and pumpkin seed cinnamon rolls for dessert. I'm totally winging these, so fingers crossed.

I'm making a quick version of an Armenian soup called munti with ground beef and pasta that's seasoned with mint hand finished with yogurt.

Chicken in yellow curry paste which has Thai coconut milk, thinly sliced onion, red bell pepper and avocado. This will be served over jasmine rice.:yum:

I'm making broccoli cheese soup with last night's leftover roasted broccoli.

For me it will be an untouched dish of summer squash with a baked potato. I have a small strip steak. If I still feel like I may have room, a quick run under the broiler with sea salt on it. I would rather fill up with the veggies.

That reminds me, Better take it out to thaw. :angel:

Does it count close enough to home-made if I bought 2 cranberry-orange-cinnamon scones hot out of the oven from the store today. Very tender and good flavor. Ate them both for lunch.

I was going to grill burgers and corn on the cob, but since it's now lightening and raining, I am switching to a small pot of chili and indoor cooked corn.

Good sounding dinners here, as usual.

Nickee, let us know how your black current cinnamon rolls turn out - it sounds really good. :yum:

I'm having a tomato, avocado, and red onion salad with vinaigrette for dinner. Had a tomato sandwich on rye for breakfast this morning. Good thing I love them. I picked these guys today, it's attack of the patio tomatoes here! :ohmy::LOL:

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:
Sandwich night here. I've made egg salad, tuna salad and ham salad. Lettuce is picked and washed and there's some veggies sticks in the fridge.

Folks can assemble their own - hopefully on a paper towel so there'll be no dishes. :)

We're going to have a Newman's Own pizza, but for a starter, I made crostini with homemade French bread (thanks, Katie!), homemade pesto with basil and parsley from the garden, and Roma tomatoes.

Attachments

• 1434586711803.jpg
    1434586711803.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 147
Another day in the commercial kitchen cooking for the food photographer. I now have an assistant (first-year culinary school student). I gave her the Chef's recipe for a curry dish using smoked haddock, with curry risotto, poached pears, and scallops. I want to mentor her, so gave her the more interesting recipe today. Next week, she'll get to decipher the recipe that needs additional steps, etc. She found it to be a challenge to "pause" for the photographer as she was cooking. It takes time getting used to doing that.

I tackled the quinoa zucchini fritters, salad, and smoked (dry) trout. I made that with gluten-free bread crumbs and flour so that the boss could eat it. A grilled flat iron steak with a tomato "salsa" and orzo and spinach side. That dish got a thumb's down. That one I didn't leave for the boss--except for a bit of steak and the "salsa." I finally realized I could make the dishes that use flour/wheat gluten-free by faking things for the photographer so he can taste them, too.

The salsa was way too salty (sun-dried tomatoes, kalamata olives, and capers) and the meat was borderline tough even though the butcher had cleaned it for me and we cooked it on the rare side of medium rare. I have leftovers. But I'm not hungry. Kicked the steak back to the recipe developer and gave the other two dishes a thumb's up, even though I don't like pears (pears in the curry dish). Interesting flavors, addictive.

Attachments

• IMG_20150617_200255.jpg
    IMG_20150617_200255.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 138
  • IMG_20150617_200243.jpg
    IMG_20150617_200243.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 140

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom