Wednesday, 2/2/2011, What's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I think it will be some kind of stir fry with either chicken or pork.

Any plans?

Ok I think I have it pinned down.
I found some baby bok choy, chicken breasts, carrots, celery, red and green bell peppers and a few mushroom caps. Stir fry and rice!!

Lunch – BLT – Pepperidge Farm Whole grain toast, mayo, spring mix & butter lettuce, ripe, juicy vine tomato, bacon, ground sea salt & ground peppercorn blend.

img_965718_0_867f19e9477be5aa8a083666acfc1274.jpg

img_965718_1_ec37f5f2dde9b1db76326a705caceda5.jpg

I made scrambled eggs for lunch that were out of this world. I just added a scoop of my Pimento Cheese. It was yummy!

I made scrambled eggs for lunch that were out of this world. I just added a scoop of my Pimento Cheese. It was yummy!
I've never had that cheese. Do you have to make it homemade or is there a brand in the store?

I haven't a clue yet. I'm still working on figuring out how many of us will be here and what time to make the meal hit the table. I'm thinking chicken at the moment, but I'm having a fish and chips craving so we might be having either sole or cod battered with tempura and homemade fries. If we do that, we will also have a HUGE caesar salad and a big fruit plate for dessert.

I had a cup of split pea soup for lunch.
Tonight I'm going to make a pizza if my dough turned out (I froze it after making it). I was thinking of trying to concoct a BLT pizza. Even before seeing your sandwich Msm, lol.

i had a cup of split pea soup for lunch.
Tonight i'm going to make a pizza if my dough turned out (i froze it after making it). I was thinking of trying to concoct a blt pizza. Even before seeing your sandwich msm, lol.
lol really?

Muffaletta hotdogs, possibly coleslaw and some manner of potato.

Craig

I've never had that cheese. Do you have to make it homemade or is there a brand in the store?

Homemade. I like to use various cheeses. This one was basically colby/jack with pimentos, and 3 cheese Parm.

I had made some up (a small batch, thank heavens) before my tooth started acting up, and usually prefer to have it on toasted English muffin, but English muffins are NOT on my list right now. (It's an eye tooth, so no biting.)

I want to use it up because it's delicious, so I've tried it melted (Microwave) on bread. Very messy, but oh, so good.

If you buy yours from the dairy section of the store, you really owe it to yourself to make it from scratch. That store bought doesn't even begin to compare with homemade.

I like to use a square container maybe 1-1/2" high. It is big enough that my box grater just fits in it comfortably. I grate about 6-8 oz. of cheddar, add Parm. for kick, and a small jar of diced pimentos, undrained, add mayo.

If I have a lot of various cheeses, I add some of them too, but the basic recipe is just cheddar, pimentos, mayo. :chef:

I think I'll make mac & cheese. I'll put the rest of the pimento cheese in it, plus American, Mozzarella, cream cheese and more Colby/Jack.:chef:

I'm not adventurous today. A chicken kiev out of a package, lima beans, and a baked potato will be my dinner if I don't burn something.

Butterflied chicken breast fillets marinated in Dragon Lady noodle sauce, then dredged in flour and pan-fried. Dragon Lady noodles on the side with whatever veggies Mrs 40 C wants.

I made a new recipe for Stromboli w/ sauce and it turned out really great! Would be a good idea for football game munchies, too. We had tossed salad with it.

I had made my Creamy Potato Soup over the weekend so we would have it for last night and it was well received by all....even as I lightened it up using smoked turkey and fat free half and half.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom