Wednesday 5/4/11 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I realized I had all the ingredients for a ground sausage lasagna, substituting cottage cheese for ricotta. It's all assembled and in the oven.

What are you cooking today?:chef:

baby greens and strawberry salad with creamy sesame seed dressing, pork chops braised in Bush's Homestyle beans, Boudin's sourgough bread with butter, and a 2009 Duca di Cardino Chianti, in that order.

I bought some good looking fresh green beans and decided to make an Italian style green bean and beef stew to serve over rice.

Asian marinated, grilled wings and roasted beet salad.

Craig

Blackened Catfish for lunch. Looks like Korean grilled ribs for dinner.

img_996166_0_b37af712b1fd13c2730d6192a525af68.jpg

Picked up some foccacia rolls from Panera cut them will turn them inside out and coat with mayo,horseradish and Tabasco, load it up with ham, roast beef thin sliced Vidalias, mashed avocado , arugula and grill with a slice of cheese most likely swiss then top with some peach jam. Add potato salad or macaroni salad some basil tomatoe soup if it cools down and Sad cake for dessert or could be blackberry cobbler. Iced tea or lemon drops
kadesma;)

CJ, I always love your menus. What is Sad cake?
licia, thank you I'm so glad you like the menu's.
It's a cake that rises up and looks great, then It deflates in the middle. It tastes wonderful and is even better with ice cream or whipped cream. Believe it or not you use biscuit mix instead of flour.If you'd like the recipe I'll be glad to post it for you.
kades

licia, thank you I'm so glad you like the menu's.
It's a cake that rises up and looks great, then It deflates in the middle. It tastes wonderful and is even better with ice cream or whipped cream. Believe it or not you use biscuit mix instead of flour.If you'd like the recipe I'll be glad to post it for you.
kades

This sounds like my kind of cake. I always have biscuit mix on hand. I liked the strawberry shortcake I made using the biscuit mix recipe on the box. Warm shortcake, cool strawberries and whipped something on top.:chef:

Homemade Asian themed dinner tonight.

Wonton soup

img_996277_0_2b0bafa490c22847afbeac5e6452ca94.jpg

Beef and broccoli and fried rice

img_996277_1_81e1e3f609595a1606d9539e45dba0be.jpg

img_996277_2_b2503caf117674aa625e61a62dc8f7d0.jpg

This sounds like my kind of cake. I always have biscuit mix on hand. I liked the strawberry shortcake I made using the biscuit mix recipe on the box. Warm shortcake, cool strawberries and whipped something on top.:chef:
I'll post ithe cake over in the desserts thread.It is good and easy
kades

MsM, you always blow me away with your menu and pictures.

Z, I really prefer cottage cheese over ricotta! Bet your lasagna was delish.

I didn't feel like getting into the kitchen tonight, so sent hubby to hunt and gather.
He came back with KFC dinners, actually not bad, and clean up was a snap.;)

Back
Top Bottom