Wednesday, 6-21, what's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
We are having a pasta made with raw Swiss chard and radicchio, with roasted corn, roasted garlic, fresh herbs of dill, parsley, basil, and chives. The sauce was made with ricotta, lemon juice, lemon zest, and olive oil.

I'd love a picture of yours Andy!

I have some Mojo wings for the grill tonight and SC will be making us some spinach salads and maybe some toaster oven tater tots.

I forgot it had parm in it too. Honestly, if we didn't have so much ricotta that needed using up with Craig buying that 5 pound tub, I'd never have looked twice at this recipe, but, it was REALLY GOOD! I'd definitely make this again.

wB4Xn2A8Hd01zGmXVwSkfIRJ9YONQ4OD62Z53TNc8lUpX92IB

We're supposed to have Reuben sandwiches with coleslaw and some sort of potato thing - probably oven roasted potato wedges. Nothing has been done as far as the slaw and spuds are concerned. I didn't get enough sleep last night (my bad, again) and my trip to the hospital clinic for blood work took forever, The hospital is in flux with lots of renovations going on, and what used to be a large area is now basically a broom closet. :ermm: I feel so bad for the people working under those conditions. At least I took a fresh magazine with me.

I wonder if we have enough leftovers in the fridge...

I'd love a picture of yours Andy!

I have some Mojo wings for the grill tonight and SC will be making us some spinach salads and maybe some toaster oven tater tots.

Sorry, Kayelle, we've already eaten, but I have leftovers I plan to eat for lunch tomorrow. I'll try to remember to snap a photo then.

Looks good, Joey!

I had two tacos, and a scoop of refried black beans topped with salsa.

I had a Chef's salad my way around 3. I grilled burgers and potatoes for The Elders. Mom didn't eat all of hers. She's entitled to an off day every now and again.

Joey, your BBQ ribs look great.

Med, any chance you could post the recipe? Mostly ratios for the sauce.

Hmm, if "Freezer- and Refrigerator-Diving" were an Olympic sport, I might have taken the gold home tonight :LOL:: canned baked beans, Aldi "Fritos", dill pickle, and hot dogs on Brioche rolls (the only kind of roll we had in the house). I put out all kinds of toppings for the dogs while Himself grilled them. Mine had Bertman Ballpark Mustard, dill pickle relish, American cheese, and bacon on it. Himself swapped onions for the relish...and ate two. :pig:

Attachments

• 20170621_205636.jpg
    20170621_205636.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 130
CG, you are definitely the queen of fabulous looking throw togethers! Love that char on the dogs... :yum:

We had mild Italian and Toulousse sausages cooked on the grill, boiled potatoes, and a variety of pickled vegis for supper.

CG, you are definitely the queen of fabulous looking throw togethers! Love that char on the dogs... :yum:
Thanks, Cheryl, but Himself is the Grilling King. And the char? I love it, too, but not to the point where it flakes off when the dog hits the plate. :LOL: Yup, that happened.

I think we need a new burner...

We're supposed to have Reuben sandwiches with coleslaw and some sort of potato thing - probably oven roasted potato wedges. Nothing has been done as far as the slaw and spuds are concerned. I didn't get enough sleep last night (my bad, again) and my trip to the hospital clinic for blood work took forever, The hospital is in flux with lots of renovations going on, and what used to be a large area is now basically a broom closet. :ermm: I feel so bad for the people working under those conditions. At least I took a fresh magazine with me.

I wonder if we have enough leftovers in the fridge...

Reuben Sandwich drool! love those.

I made a beef short rib curry slow cooked with potato, carrot, swiss chard, onion, tomato and celery. Was so good. The meat just fell of the bones.

Reuben Sandwich drool! love those.
We ended up with hot dogs last night. We'll have the Reubens later today. I already have the coleslaw made, and I'll make the potato salad later when I'm watching The Chew during the 1:00 PM hour. There will be plenty of everything, so if you can get here, you're welcome to join us!

We ended up with hot dogs last night. We'll have the Reubens later today. I already have the coleslaw made, and I'll make the potato salad later when I'm watching The Chew during the 1:00 PM hour. There will be plenty of everything, so if you can get here, you're welcome to join us!

Getting onto my raft now. See you in a month or two lol! If I'm late you'll know I'm lost somewhere between Africa and your place.

Back
Top Bottom