Wednesday, 7/19/2017, what's on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Not sure yet, but it will be 1 of 2 things, either moussaka with tzatziki and extra tomato sauce, or a roasted chicken/rice salad using cilantro and shiso, plus an Asian dressing. Moussaka and tomato sauce are already made and chicken is already roasted.

Going with the glazed meatloaf which msmofet got me drooling over.. Mashed potatoes, brown gravy and either broccoli or cauliflower...

Think I'll bake a mini cake for dessert..

Ross

I think I'll be smoking some spareribs for my parents tonight. Vons has St Louis cut spares for $2.49/lb this week. I'll try to fit 2 slabs in their 18" Weber kettle. That'll leave them with plenty of leftovers too for the weekend.

We'll have the other half of the meatloaf we had last night. Instead of sauteed yellow squash and onions, it'll be sauteed zucchini and onions, I put some thinly-sliced cucumbers in the fridge to wilt all afternoon. Made some shortcakes this morning and set the sliced strawberries to macerate this morning. We'll have more than enough and I know there'll be strawberry shortcake makings left for tomorrow night.

We're headed to Costco to pick up some necessities and will grab a Ro-Chick for dinner tonight. Not sure what we'll have with it.

I'm going to fire up the Weber and grill a rib eye this afternoon. A baked potato with sour cream and chives and a salad will be sides. I haven't grilled in quite a while because of the intense heat, but today is only supposed to be 104 with low humidity, I can handle that. :LOL:

I'm sure there will be at least half of the rib eye leftover, so that will probably end up as steak and eggs tomorrow - or maybe a steak sandwich.

I've been eating a bit high on the red meat/cholesterol wagon lately, so today is a nice healthy salad for dinner. Romaine, strawberries, homemade croutons and dressing. The interesting twist is sauted crushed ramen noodles and pecans to sprinkle on top..

My plan is to kick Himself out to grill a good sized tuna steak. It will be part of our huge dinner salads tonight, since it's another day reminding me that I had better behave lest I end up in a hot spot for all eternity. :innocent:

We had little cheapsters... I mean little ceasars. I ate one piece, I let my so and kiddo eat the rest. I had a hard boiled egg.

I've been stuck for dinner ideas of late and have been racking my brain for something different.

Stromboli or Rolled Calzone 1.jpg

Stromboli or Rolled Calzone.jpg
[file photos]

The other day I was bored out of my mind, sitting here waiting, yet again, for a sub-contractor to show up to address a warranty issue with our new home, sooo, I was reading some of my past blog posts.

Stromboli or what my SIL called Rolled Calzone, I haven't made this in a while. I've got one in the hot box right now and it smells heavenly!! I've made a few tweaks to her original recipe, but basically its the same.
Maybe a small green salad on the side and DH will be most happy.

I was feeling lazy today, pulled a leftover roast/potatoes/carrots out of the freezer and thawed it. Put it in the slow cooker today about noon on low and it was nice and hot and pretty darn good for supper. The potatoes were a bit grainy but everything else tasted really good.

I was feeling lazy today, pulled a leftover roast/potatoes/carrots out of the freezer and thawed it. Put it in the slow cooker today about noon on low and it was nice and hot and pretty darn good for supper. The potatoes were a bit grainy but everything else tasted really good.
Hey it's good to have anything pulled out for a easy dinner!

I'm going to fire up the Weber and grill a rib eye this afternoon. A baked potato with sour cream and chives and a salad will be sides.......

Delicious, but couldn't finish it all. :ermm::LOL: I've gotten used to very light meals because of the heat. The other half of the rib eye will be re-purposed tomorrow, maybe steak and eggs or a sammie. :)

Attachments

• 067.jpg
    067.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 136
I've been stuck for dinner ideas of late and have been racking my brain for something different.

View attachment 27298

View attachment 27299
[file photos]

The other day I was bored out of my mind, sitting here waiting, yet again, for a sub-contractor to show up to address a warranty issue with our new home, sooo, I was reading some of my past blog posts.

Stromboli or what my SIL called Rolled Calzone, I haven't made this in a while. I've got one in the hot box right now and it smells heavenly!! I've made a few tweaks to her original recipe, but basically its the same.

Looks delicious for a hot summer day! Hope you got the warranty issues all worked with your new home, kgirl.

I got up early this morning and started a huejass pot of grandma's sauce simmering on the stove. Now I just have to decide what to use it on; fusilli with Italian sausage and meatballs, beef ravoli, mulagnun a la Sicilian or veal parmigiana with spaghetti. Decisions, decisions ???

...The other half of the rib eye will be re-purposed tomorrow, maybe steak and eggs or a sammie. :)
Or maybe both, if you stretch it just right. ;)

Himself grilled the tuna, plus he did the hot dogs. Third time's a charm on those! We actually had hot dogs, potato salad, and baked beans tonight. Also cut a pickle in half...it's not ready for prime time yet. Maybe by Friday. Anyway, I'll use the tuna tomorrow for salads. At least it will be cool by then.

Still working on Great Lakes Christmas Ale...

Attachments

• 20170719_205000.jpg
    20170719_205000.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 127
A local seafood place has a monthly sushi and music night, so we headed over there. The outside deck was full, but one large table was full of our neighbors and had a couple of empty chairs at one end, so they invited us to join them. That was fun [emoji2]

DH and I shared a couple of rolls and then headed home for air conditioning and ice cream :yum:
0719172034_HDR.jpg

View attachment 27298

View attachment 27299
[file photos]

Back in the early '80's, I had a private scuba student who owned an Italian bakery. He gave me something he called Salami Bread that looked very similar to your picture. Salami was a relative term as it contained Genoa, Sopprressata, capicola and fontina. It was really good.

Back
Top Bottom