Wednesday 8/9/2017 What's on the plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Well I'm still not sure about dinner. Maybe eggs or chili.

Playing cards with friends tonight.. We will meet @ In-N-Out burger to eat first, then try to destroy each other @ Canasta... Losers serve winners dessert...

Ross

Playing cards with friends tonight.. We will meet @ In-N-Out burger to eat first, then try to destroy each other @ Canasta... Losers serve winners dessert...

Ross

I miss playing cards (canasta and spades especially).

I made yogurt yesterday and left in the fridge to strain overnight. I ended up with nice thick Greek yogurt and 1.5 quarts whey to use for pancakes/waffles and in baking.
I also made 3 (1 cup) jars of lemon curd and 3 (1 cup) jars of strawberry compote.
Not sure what dinner will be but I am leaning toward waffles topped with Greek yogurt, lemon curd and strawberry compote.

27696-albums1102-picture7084.jpg

27696-albums1102-picture7085.jpg

I did pappardelle with butter, parmesan, sage and black pepper. Simple to do, especially when you're tired!

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

Orecchiette with roasted fennel, hot and mild Italian sausage, onion, garlic and dried tomatos. A little white wine and Parm. R. too

Attachments

• 2017-08-09 17.19.00.jpg
    2017-08-09 17.19.00.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 102
Change of plans. Family wants Chinese takeout. Roast pork and Chinese veggies for hub and I.

I will have yogurt for dessert.

I made yogurt yesterday and left in the fridge to strain overnight. I ended up with nice thick Greek yogurt and 1.5 quarts whey to use for pancakes/waffles and in baking.
I also made 3 (1 cup) jars of lemon curd and 3 (1 cup) jars of strawberry compote.
Not sure what dinner will be but I am leaning toward waffles topped with Greek yogurt, lemon curd and strawberry compote.

27696-albums1102-picture7084.jpg

27696-albums1102-picture7085.jpg

That looks great Msmofet. Would you please share your recipe for yogurt.
with us.

Josie

Leftovers, and left Himself in charge of a half-dozen ears of corn I bought right before I ran away from home. Temporarily. I timed my return just right...he had finished prepping the corn and was looking for the big-enough pot to cook it in.

I had two of those ears, plus one of the leftover stuffed peppers. And...when I shop there is this clamshell of bakery department brownies that keep trying to crawl in to my cart. Most times I can get them to go back on the shelf and stay there. Today, the brownies won. So I had one. :yum: Trust me, I burned enough calories off shopping to earn one. :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom