Wednesday 9/13/2017 What's on your Plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm not quite sure. Either Beanie weenies (AKA Franks and Beans) or Chicken à la King. Or whatever DD decides she wants.

tigger_whats_on_the_menu__082517_P1030531.JPG

Did I miss the dinner thread? If so please merge.

Last edited:
Grilled chicken wings seasoned with salt, pepper and granulated garlic. Fresh fruits for dessert.

CD

SIL is traveling this week, so I took dinner to our daughter and grand toddler. Marinated steak tips on the grill, pasta salad, green salad (easy to transport meal).

The little rug rat is not quite two, but is getting faster. We need to wear shoes we can run in when we take him out.

And the winner was ... Chicken à la King.

Beanie weenies hopefully Friday.

Busy day today, so a quick and easy dinner. A slice of ham from the freezer, gently pan fried, steamed broccoli and carrots, and hash browns. The last of the Tillamook Hazelnut and Salted Caramel ice will be a little later.

I went for a salon visit after school then hit my favorite Italian place on the way to church for choir practice. I had a lovely salad with their house Italian dressing and a breadless eggplant parmesan sub. That ends up being a plate of eggplant with marinara and cheese. It's really good!

Grilled chicken wings seasoned with salt, pepper and granulated garlic. Fresh fruits for dessert.

CD

My first cook on my new, 15-year-old gas grill. I paid 50 bucks for the grill, a Weber Genesis 3-burner grill, that was solid, with good stainless steel burners, but needed some help. I put a little more into parts than I expected, but in the end, I have $175 in it.

Why spend that on an old grill? Well, a new Genesis 3-burner is 800 bucks, plus tax. I should easily get another ten years out of this used one. I do most of my grilling on my 22-year-old Weber Kettle charcoal grill, or its younger sibling -- only 5-years-old.

Anyway, the wings turned out great!

CD

Attachments

• GenesisWings.jpg
    GenesisWings.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 106
Finally home after four weeks on the road. "George" (my laptop) and I are reunited after he had to ride in the trunk the last two days. So, catching up on what we've been eating.

Wednesday was a basic, late-night stop to decide how far we could drive for the night. Decided to give Bob Evans another chance since they make good breakfasts. Himself had a bacon hash breakfast bowl - basically lots of bacon mixed with home fries, then topped with eggs. He liked it - it had LOTS of bacon. I ordered an omelet with mushrooms, bacon, and Swiss. I got an omelet with mushrooms, onions, and Swiss cheese. :glare: Maybe Himself got my share of bacon? I don't know, but there weren't too many onions so I ate my omelet, munched a few bits of his bacon, and ended up with a free meal. It was all good. :yum:

Attachments

• 20170913_201958.jpg
    20170913_201958.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 20170913_201914.jpg
    20170913_201914.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 103

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom