Wednesday 9/14 What's Cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zhizara

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I bought a small bag of red potatoes which can be hard to use up when you're cooking for one, so this morning I made a potato salad.

Trying to make it small, I only used 3 medium size potatoes, but with additives, it's still more than plenty.

I didn't have celery or onion, so I substituted dried onion and celery seed along with HB egg. I used half a packet of Ranch Dressing mix for the first time. My taste test says it's gonna be really good.

I've put it in the fridge to rest so it will have time to chill and rehydrate the dried onion.

What are you cooking today?:chef:

Something with red potatoes. You just reminded me that I've got part of a bag left. Maybe grilled steak and smashed potatoes.

I'm defrosting a pork tenderloin. I'll marinate or rub it with something or other and grill it. Sides to be determined later.

I have a pork tenderloin defrosting - oh wait that's Andy's post - no I DO have a pork loin defrosting! Mine is already marinaded with applewood bacon seasonings. I hope it tastes as good as it sounds! I'll make some macaroni and cheese and green beans for the sides.

I have a pork tenderloin defrosting - oh wait that's Andy's post - no I DO have a pork loin defrosting! Mine is already marinaded with applewood bacon seasonings. I hope it tastes as good as it sounds! I'll make some macaroni and cheese and green beans for the sides.

Funny you should mention that. I was thinking of mac and cheese as a side too! And green beans is one of the few veggies I have on hand.

I'm making a fresh tomato and mozzarella salad. Any suggestions on accompaniment?

I was thinking simple grilled chicken, and just eat that with the salad (tomato and mozzarella with the chicken in each bite).

Any other ideas?

Today is the day for the WWII vets. I'm going retro with Wally World purchased meatballs, but they'll be slowly cooked in garden tomato sauce. A shrimp ring. An old-fashioned relish tray. Chips & dips.

Today is the day for the WWII vets. I'm going retro with Wally World purchased meatballs, but they'll be slowly cooked in garden tomato sauce. A shrimp ring. An old-fashioned relish tray. Chips & dips.

What day is that? My father came out to visit me and didn't even say anything about it being a special day.

My town store's meat counter was loaded with Hormel tenderloins with some kind of apple marinade. No plain ones, but plenty of alreaady marinated tenderloins.

Baked COD
Mashed w/gravy
green beans
39817-albums371-picture2995.jpg

Along with the strip steak and smashed redskins (with liberally applied sour cream), I also made cheese ravioli with pizza sauce, sautéed broccoli with slivered almonds and a halved grilled hard roll rubbed with garlic and drizzled with EVOO. I couldn't quite finish it all without stuffing myself, plus had plenty in the fridge for tomorrow's lunch, so the dogs got some steak and garlic bread, since they weren't expecting it. They seem as happy as I am.

i need to not post so early in the day. now we are choosing between a lean q.glazed chicken entrée:LOL: or a french bread pizza, frozen. to lazy to do more.

It's still good for inspiring those of us who don't have a clue.

Don't worry about it. Sometimes, I don't know what I'm going to have until I go in the kitchen hungry at 5 or 6 pm.

Tonight's dinner was a fried beef patty and the last of some onion rings.

Back
Top Bottom