Wednesday April 13 - What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
We're going out for dinner. WOOHOO! I'm thinking probably some pasta stuff or something Mexican themed.

We've had beef for the last couple of meals so I'm thinking chicken. Not sure yet what I'll make but it will be chicken based.

I'm making Pad Thai with chicken and shrimp tonight. Haven't had it for a long time and I really like it.

Oooops! Today is Wednesday, not Thursday. Pad Thai is Thursday's dinner.

Today is tax day so dinner is some left over slow roasted pork butt I had frozen. Some roasted red potatoes and a salad will round out dinner.

Last edited:
I've got some chicken wings that need the tips cut off and then frozen, so I'll probably grill the ones that don't make it to the freezer. And I restocked my crisper, so plenty of carrots and celery, too, with Ken's Steakhouse blue cheese dressing and dry crumbles.

Chicken noodle soup, French Onion Grilled cheese..

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 174
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 183
DH got home early and wasn't in the mood for chicken. So we'll have Philly steak sandwiches. Not sure of the sides yet. Maybe some broccoli and cheese or broccoli and rice.

Eight ounces per person of fried smoked klobasa / kielbasa / ... and 3/8 cup per person of dry rice baked in the form of Spanish rice (ie with fowl broth, grated cheese, hot & sweet peppers, onions, and goose fat).

Italian mild sauges, peppers,onions and potatoes for DH me either some ramen noodles no rock throwing or a tortilla with melted pepper jack cheese, It's an easy meal tonight:)
kadesma

I made 2 pizzas on the grill. One with roasted garlic, spinach, roasted onions, roasted mushrooms and chicken. The other was pepperoni and roasted veggies (red and green bell peppers, onions, mushrooms). The cheese didn't melt as much as I like so I ran them under the broiler for a couple of minutes to brown. The crust was nice and crispy and had that pizzeria taste!

Attachments

• chicken-spinach-mushroom-pizza.jpg
    chicken-spinach-mushroom-pizza.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 226
  • supreme-pizza.jpg
    supreme-pizza.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 165
Eight ounces per person of fried smoked klobasa / kielbasa / ... and 3/8 cup per person of dry rice baked in the form of Spanish rice (ie with fowl broth, grated cheese, hot & sweet peppers, onions, and goose fat).

It must be really good. That's what you had last night.
;)

Not really hungry tonight, so I just had a tuna salad sandwich. No mess.

Put 4 huge drumsticks into pineapple marinade for tomorrow:

Crushed pineapple w/juice
Grated ginger
Lt. brown sugar
Lt. soy sauce
Oyster sauce

My garlic parm wings

Attachments

• garlic parm wings.jpg
    garlic parm wings.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 170
Pan fried boneless pork loin chops (nicely seasoned with herbs and spices), stuffing, pan gravy and steamed cauliflower.

img_990036_0_7d765a0d8b3960ed7530ad72e72e4ace.jpg

Roasted pork, carrots and potatoes. Might make gravy might not. Going to use the leftover pork for Pork burritos or enchiladas for another night. ;-). Btw.. Everyone's meals look fab and so delicious! You guys rock!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom