Wednesday Dinner - 11/8/2017

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Herb crusted rack of lamb, bulgar pilaf and a veg to be named later. I think I’ll crack open a bottle of red too.

I was going to cook a chicken soup/stew today, but my neighbor had a better idea. We went to Blue Mesa Grill for lunch on a "flash" coupon. Blue Mesa is good, and usually a tiny bit pricey, so I couldn't turn it down.

So, I'll probably do the soup/stew tomorrow. It is still supposed to be cold, just not rainy.

Oh, lunch was a buffet. Mexican food including a taco bar. I even had dessert -- flan. I do like a good flan.

https://bluemesagrill.com

CD

Cold (for here) day and I wanted comfort food..

Salisbury steak over wide noodles..
I did point a zucchini at the completed dish and said "side, maybe tomorrow"... :rolleyes:

Apple pie for later...

Ross

Chicken (thin cut breast) breaded, mashed potatoes and steamed crinkle cut carrots.

chicken_carrots_potatoes_110817_IMG_3412.jpg

Simple dinner tonight.
We have some really delicious Weisswurst sausages (our favorite), and since we don't have any buns, we'll be eating them with Lavash flat bread "taco" style with Trader Joe's oustanding fresh Kraut and grilled onions on the top. We'll also use three choices of brown mustard with them. Potato salad on the side.

I stuffed a pork loin chop with chorizo, Parmesan and Asiago..breaded it and served it on some Penne with chili, garlic and sun dried tomatoes..

Attachments

• 23476527_10155893603579993_653133353_n.jpg
    23476527_10155893603579993_653133353_n.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 121
Herb crusted rack of lamb, bulgar pilaf and a veg to be named later. I think I’ll crack open a bottle of red too.

I don't eat rack of lamb often enough. This was outstanding!

Attachments

• IMG_1855.jpg
    IMG_1855.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 126
I don't eat rack of lamb often enough. This was outstanding!

Every time I go to COSTCO, I eye the rack of lamb. I also like their lamb chops. Lamb is a meat that I have to be in the mood for, and I never know when that mood will hit me. I need to just buy some to vacuum seal and have ready in the freezer.

Looks good!

CD

MAN! Talk about bringin' your game... you guys really out
did yourselves tonight, I'm jealous, envious
and wishing that I had dinner with y'all!

004.JPG

Did something a bit different tonight ...
grilled Cod w/a Greek inspired seasoning,
grilled fresh Asparagus (on sale yesterday for $0.98USD/lb)
and Rice Pilaf.
DH was NOT amused, nor did he eat much of this plate.
It's a good thing I made an extra Hot Roast Beef & Provolone
sandwich on a Kaiser roll for lunch then, huh?
:LOL:

Every time I go to COSTCO, I eye the rack of lamb. I also like their lamb chops. Lamb is a meat that I have to be in the mood for, and I never know when that mood will hit me. I need to just buy some to vacuum seal and have ready in the freezer.

Looks good!

CD

I like rack of lamb at Costco. It’s Australian lamb and has a much better flavor than American lamb. The racks are vacuum sealed so you can just toss them in the freezer as it is.

We needed a sleep-in day. By the time we left the hotel we had decided on a late brunch at Henry's Restaurant. Himself had the house omelet, hash browns, and toast. I had what amounted to a Denny's "Grand Slam". Supper tonight was finishing up the last two sandwiches brought from home, plus the last of the veggies.

Our brother came over for wings, wedges and Caesar salad. He went home with the rest of the wedges and a good helping of wings! :)

Wow....wonderful looking and sounding dinners this evening. :yum:

Andy, those lamb chops look so good...it's nice to see a pic of your dinner. :chef::yum:

I fired up the Weber and grilled some chicken thighs. Tossed green salad with lots of crunchy veggies for a side.

Rock and Andy, you guys are killin' me.

And 10speed, I've been thinking of trying mussels in a cream sauce. We always just have them in wine or tomato sauces. Thanks for the link. I haven't been to Epi in a while.

I had a buddy over for dinner tonight; the guy that lives on the yacht in NY harbor. He kind of invited himself, wanting to do some leaf peeping up in the mountains. I think he was getting a little kooky being on the boat all the time.

DW made a big salad with all sorts of julienned veggies. mixed baby greens, and tacos strips for croutons. Then a really outstanding chicken parm with ziti.

My buddy brought a bottle of Beringer Private Reserve Chardonnay, and some of the best ice cream sandwiches that I've had in a long time for dessert. They were from some specialty organic ice cream place in Jersey City or thereabouts.

But looking ahead (and back), I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow evening, then I took the night off so I already warned the family that I'll be making lamb shoulder chops and baked spuds tomorrow night. DW just shot me a look that I'd better not be stinkin' up the house late at night when they're trying to go to bed.

Palomilla steak, black beans, rice, madoros and Pan Cubano.

Ju need to 'splain dat stuff, mang... (in my best Tony Montana)

¿Que es Palomilla eSteak, y Pan Cubano? Frijoles Negros y arroz yo comprendo.

Back
Top Bottom