"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 08-17-2016, 03:07 PM   #1
Sous Chef
Wednesday Dinner - 8/17/2016

I have a couple of thick center cut pork chops brining in preparation for the grill, corn on the cob, broc.

tenspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 03:11 PM   #2
Master Chef
I have a thing of pastrami from Trader Joe's. I'll make some sandwiches.

roadfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 03:18 PM   #3
Senior Cook
Umm... remember the Roast Chicken I talked about in Monday Dinner? Got the breasts off, but the rest of brother chicken has been sitting in tupperware. So tonight is REVENGE OF THE LEFTOVER

Main course, Chicken pot pie, or chicken barley stew, depending on how I a) feel about making a dough and b) whether I can persuade those two potatoes in the back of the fridge, which have now grown eyes and hands, to make themselves ingredients and not take over the world, which is totally their plan.

Desert, Remember peach pie? Leftover peaches, I cut up more than I needed to fill the pie crust, and I, for some reason, have a lot of walnuts. (well the exact reason is I bought way to many walnuts because they were on sale, and my thought process was some walnuts good many walnuts very good ridiculous quantity of walnuts excellent.) so don't want to make a pie crust, because I am a lazy person, so walnut peach muffins with vanilla ice cream.
sourdough isn't a recipe, it is a process.
erehweslefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 03:23 PM   #4
Senior Cook
We had pork fried rice. Cheap, cheerful dinner, I used 4 small pork chops, Swedish pork chops are not as massive as Americans , that is what my American friends tells me.
Fried, seasoned with ginger, soy, spices and mixed with cooked rice and peas. Every one was happy and it didnt do big dent in my wallet.
For the love of Cheese!
CakePoet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 04:43 PM   #5
Executive Chef
I'm fixing cheeseburgers with garden lettuce, tomatoes and onion with a green chile thrown on for good measure.

forgot the cucumber, tomato, mozz cheese, basil leaf, dressed salad I made this morning
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead
bethzaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 04:49 PM   #6
Senior Cook
I had... a sandwich with smoked turkey, mayonnaise and ranch dressing.
Along with a few Kosher baby dill pickles and a glass of lemonade mint iced tea.
Domestic Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 05:05 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
All this talk on another thread about ketchup gave me a hankerin' for hot dogs, mustard, and relish with kraut. No ketchup.
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 05:21 PM   #8
Master Chef
Me too, Dawg.

I just checked and have all the ingredients for a chili cheese dog, so that's what's for dinner this evening. Can't remember the last time I had one!
Grandchildren fill the space in your heart you never knew was empty.
Cheryl J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 05:22 PM   #9
Executive Chef
I had some linguine with clam sauce planned for when gf gets back from work, but I fell asleep watching the olympics...I just woke up and she is going to be home shortly...I don't feel like cooking now.....maybe toasted tomato sandwiches???
Rocklobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 05:36 PM   #10
Certified Pretend Chef
Picked up a meatlovers pizza on the way home. That and a beer make dinner.

"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote