Wednesday Dinner - 8/17/2016

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Umm... remember the Roast Chicken I talked about in Monday Dinner? Got the breasts off, but the rest of brother chicken has been sitting in tupperware. So tonight is REVENGE OF THE LEFTOVER

Main course, Chicken pot pie, or chicken barley stew, depending on how I a) feel about making a dough and b) whether I can persuade those two potatoes in the back of the fridge, which have now grown eyes and hands, to make themselves ingredients and not take over the world, which is totally their plan.

Desert, Remember peach pie? Leftover peaches, I cut up more than I needed to fill the pie crust, and I, for some reason, have a lot of walnuts. (well the exact reason is I bought way to many walnuts because they were on sale, and my thought process was some walnuts good many walnuts very good ridiculous quantity of walnuts excellent.) so don't want to make a pie crust, because I am a lazy person, so walnut peach muffins with vanilla ice cream.

We had pork fried rice. Cheap, cheerful dinner, I used 4 small pork chops, Swedish pork chops are not as massive as Americans , that is what my American friends tells me.
Fried, seasoned with ginger, soy, spices and mixed with cooked rice and peas. Every one was happy and it didnt do big dent in my wallet.

I'm fixing cheeseburgers with garden lettuce, tomatoes and onion with a green chile thrown on for good measure.

forgot the cucumber, tomato, mozz cheese, basil leaf, dressed salad I made this morning

I had... a sandwich with smoked turkey, mayonnaise and ranch dressing.
Along with a few Kosher baby dill pickles and a glass of lemonade mint iced tea.

All this talk on another thread about ketchup gave me a hankerin' for hot dogs, mustard, and relish with kraut. No ketchup.

Me too, Dawg. :LOL:

I just checked and have all the ingredients for a chili cheese dog, so that's what's for dinner this evening. Can't remember the last time I had one!

I had some linguine with clam sauce planned for when gf gets back from work, but I fell asleep watching the olympics...I just woke up and she is going to be home shortly...I don't feel like cooking now.....maybe toasted tomato sandwiches???:(

We're going to be doing happy hour at the local Sushi place. :yum:

Yokozuna Japanese Restaurant and Sushi Bar

Oh my gravy all over my two scoop rice (that's OMG! in my world ;))!!
K and SC I am SOOOOOO jealous of you guys just about now!
I went to Yokozuna's website ... MAN! That looks fantastic, and the prices, NICE!
We have a new Sushi/Asian Cuisine restaurant that opened up in town about a month ago, so we stopped in to look at their prices, etc ... NOPE! WAY too expensive! We took a pass and had a salad down the road a piece instead for lunch today.

It's a clean-out-the-fridge day. I finished the watermelon, chicken with mushrooms and capers, and saute-steamed a crown of broccoli. Himself wasn't hungry when I was cooking, so he gets the pick of what's left. He'll finish the shrimp with the last brioche roll, the corn and tomato salad, and then can move on to his leftover pizza from last night.

The best laid plans......Since we had one cool day today (that is, a day under 90°), I was going to use the shrimp I had and make garlic butter shrimp again. Then I was out and about and ended up at Jack in the Box for brunch, and ate almost a half jar of peanuts this afternoon. Needless to say, I'm not at all hungry now. If I am, I think I'll finish this day with some biscuits and butter, since the day's already a food loss day.

Anyway, tomorrow I'm having the shrimp for brunch and then going to the Farmer's Market (in 90° heat :wacko:) and get some peaches and 8 pounds of blueberries. I'll freeze the blueberries and then I think I'll try to diet a little. I do need to lose weight (Jack in the Box, yeah, right!).

So since I am a night owl, up to 2 and sometimes 4am, I get up at about 10am to noon, then usually eat a couple hours later. I think I'll push off brunch until about 3pm and then my new plan will be to just have a (large) serving of blueberries for supper at about 11pm or midnight, since I won't be that hungry.

So one decent meal a day and then fruit for dinner. I should lose weight on that, right? Anyway, my entries here will probably be very boring. LOL

We'll see how long this lasts.

Last edited:
I hope your day of fasting helps get you back on track, Princess.

Kay, what a great sounding restaurant - the sushi menu had me drooling. :yum:

RR...the shrimp sounds delicious. And your posts are NEVER boring. :) I bought several pounds of peaches at our local farm stand recently too, and sure have been enjoying them.

Great sounding dinners, everyone!

OK. So here's my messy, fork-required, loaded up, open faced chili dog I had for dinner. A few SunChips and a garlicky dill pickle on the side. It was good, but it'll probably be another several years before I have another one. :LOL:

Attachments

• chili dog.jpg
    chili dog.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 136
Looks awesome. Dang it, Cheryl. I LOVE chili cheese dogs. We have a Dairy Queen nearby. Sadly, they also make good onion rings.

Back
Top Bottom