Wednesday dinner ideas for April 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't kow what I'm having.... soup or something else I cooked in the pressure cooker.
I know it is thawing in the fridge. That is all I know. I guess there's some logic to labeling what you freeze.

Uh oh, is it "I dunno" day again?
I'm thinking either tacos or meatloaf.

Rigatoni with prosciutto and fontina cheese in a bechamel sauce, nice tossed salad. I bought some prosciutto a few days ago but haven't found a nice melon to pair with it, so I will make this dish. I got it from Everyday Italian. We will say it is in honor of Giada's sweet little girl.

I think I`m going to make a pizza, I`m in the mood for that.
and I`m going to attempt to do one with a stuffed crust!

I'm making a meatloaf recipe from the January 2008 issue of Gourmet magazine. It has beef, pork, bacon and prunes for some sweetness & moisture, and its topped with more bacon. I'm hoping it will have lots of flavor. I'll make some roasted sweet potatoes and peas to go with it.

Rigatoni with prosciutto and fontina cheese in a bechamel sauce, nice tossed salad. I bought some prosciutto a few days ago but haven't found a nice melon to pair with it, so I will make this dish. I got it from Everyday Italian. We will say it is in honor of Giada's sweet little girl.

I think I'll detour and go the Shortchef's house....................

Well, DH waited too long yesterday to start the pizza crust dough, so that's in the fridge for later. I guess he might make himself a flatbread tonight - he's on his own :) I'm off to dinner with friends to a Peruvian restaurant for some ceviche. Can't wait.

Gosh, pizza sounds great but... I think we're having salad and veggies and leftovers.

Mozambique!!!

One of my favs!

mosambique.jpg

I've got a partially frozen chicken in the pressure cooker. I just threw in some odd stuff for sure - this mixture of cilantro/ginger/spring onions that I keep frozen, some fresh ginger along with some of the sherry I store it in, the end of some teriyaki sauce, some smashed up cloves of garlic, and some of this balsamic marinade/soy sauce stuff I buy that is fabulous! I know, I know - but it just can't be too bad, can it? I did add some water because it just needed more liquid.

I guess I'll just have a big ol' salad with it and some edemamme.

My new fridge may be on its way, so I'm trying to make some more space -- cook up the cornish hens in the slow cooker... maybe cook up some frozen (Omaha Steaks) kebabs & rice, finish up the cheesecake, & eat up all the veggies. In short, not sure yet what's going to turn up on my table tonight. It may be a melange of ingreds/dishes

Orange Roughy is on sale for $5.99/lb. How could I resist? So tonight

It's orange roughy, seasonings to be determined later
Fresh asparagus - I love asparagus
..and I bought a loaf of cheese/onion bread. No idea how it will taste.

No dessert.

Tonight it is homemade pea spoup with ham and carrots and some grilled cheese sandwiches made with rye bread.

Felt like making some pasta which I haven't done in a while so that is done and now drying on a sheet on the bed:LOL: Will cook it and then dress with some crispy pancetta, evoo,garlic and red pepper flakes, a little chopped flat leaf parsley, some salt..with it, pork chops braised in wine and lots of pepper and garlic, green salad with grape tomatoes,avocado, thin sliced red onion, dressed with vinegrette, will re-warm some of the proscuitto,roasted garlic bread and fix some artichokes..Dessert, chocolate pudding..

kadesma:)

kadesma
That pasta sounds delish!! I may have to try it this weekend. I could make a meal out of that and a salad.:)

I think I'll go with some ginger chicken stir fry today. That mozambique looks really good too, I may have to try that one of these days!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom