Wednesday dinner plans, August 1st

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Hi folks.
I would enjoy some help with a rotiserrie chicken my DD bought. I took it off the bone yesterday and froze the meat.
I have my darling GD's, 2 and 3, here with me/us and I am wondering what sort of thing I should make for them out of this clucker. Any suggestions?
I was thinking sweet and sour chicken over white rice with onions, peppers, tomatoes and the sauce over all. What'd ya think? Or else, what would you do with it?

Have a great Wednesday!;)

I picked the bones of Monday night's chicken with the intention of making enchiladas, but it's too hot to turn the oven on. I think I'll just use the chicken as filling for soft tacos, instead. Cookies and cream ice cream for dessert!

I think I'll make chicken diavlo, a salad with fresh garden cucumbers and corn on the cob.

Well, dear husband won't be home for dinner tonight, so I'm having a RED MEAT night - lol!!!

Have a nice chuck steak (one of my favorite beef cuts) marinating in some oil, dry sherry, soy sauce, & chopped garlic. Will grill it on my cast-iron grill pan & enjoy it topped with butter/sherry sauteed mushrooms & Vidalia onions, along with garlic-sauteed fresh spinach & a nice baked potato.

LEFSElover said:
Hi folks.
I would enjoy some help with a rotiserrie chicken my DD bought. I took it off the bone yesterday and froze the meat.
I have my darling GD's, 2 and 3, here with me/us and I am wondering what sort of thing I should make for them out of this clucker. Any suggestions?
I was thinking sweet and sour chicken over white rice with onions, peppers, tomatoes and the sauce over all. What'd ya think? Or else, what would you do with it?

Hm, are they picky eaters? Most kids love peanut butter, right? (Unless they're allergic.) I made this recipe last week and it was really good: Rachael Ray: Chicken Satay Noodle Salad recipe - Every Day with Rachael Ray

We are having grilled burgers, corn on the cob, sliced tomatoes, onions and pickles/olives. Ice cream later maybe ! 91' here - whew !

LEFSElover said:
Hi folks.​

I was thinking sweet and sour chicken over white rice with onions, peppers, tomatoes and the sauce over all. What'd ya think? Or else, what would you do with it?​

You too, Lefse. :) I luv pasta salads. How 'bout this:

Roasted Chicken and Bow Tie Pasta Salad

You can toss almost anything in there - black olives, sun-dried tomatoes, marinated artichoke hearts, shrooms. I like the combo of grapes and walnuts - or a pesto dressing.

Last edited:
lefse, the sweet and sour with rice sounds good.

for kids, i'd suggest a chicken cacciatore, with pasta, and lots of grated cheese.
the meat gets "fall-apart" tender, so it's easy for little mouths to chew. and i don't know too many kids that dislike tomato sauce and pasta.

we had takeout tonight. large house italian salad, mussels fra diavolo, and a pepperoni pizza.

i diced some raw onion, and put it with the leftover mussel sauce on the pizza. yummmmmm!

*amy* said:
You too, Lefse. :) I luv pasta salads. How 'bout this:

Roasted Chicken and Bow Tie Pasta Salad

You can toss almost anything in there - black olives, sun-dried tomatoes, marinated artichoke hearts, shrooms. I like the combo of grapes and walnuts - or a pesto dressing.

some wonderful take out like Micky D's or Wendoodles or Me in the Box {as my GS says, his name's Jack} makes the most delightful salad with these ingreds. It is fabbo.

I thank y'all for helping me out here.
I took both my baby's to the beach today.
Got home too late to attempt much of anything.:ohmy:
I dredged the clucker pieces in seasoned flour, buttermilk, back in the flour, then fried in bacon grease, cut up oh so small for the little hands and provided bbq sauce. I know, bad Grams.:glare: Home made mac/cheese, sliced pears, applesauce with cinnamon, goldfish, carrots with ranch dippy. Pappa gave in and got them both a specialty cookie out of the outside freezer cause they both cleared their plates.:-p

Hey that sounds good to me... You wouldnt have to cut it up tho, my hands are grown.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom