Wednesday Feb 11, Dinner Plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
not sure what will be on my dinner table...depends on if I have electricity, so I have a couple of contingency plans....

what's up at your place?

Since I cooked a 10 lb ham yesterday, and there are only the two of us...leftover ham! :) I think I'll make scalloped potatoes, and a rutabaga / carrot mixture.

Hope you get your electricity back.

STILL no power, beth? Wow, that's hard. Hope your juice gets turned on again soon.
Curious what you have in the way of contingencies.

We are having what we were going to have last night. HH had a waaaay late lunch and was not hungry when he got home yesterday and daughter got invited out, so it's shrimp, salad, and French bread again for tonight.

DS is coming over to hook up my webcam to the new computer and I promised to feed him for helping out. I asked him what he wanted and he wants stuffed shells. Haven't made them in a long time! I need to get to the grocery and get the things I need to make them.

LOL, i have power right now, just planning ahead, especially after being without power for 5+ days last week....we are expecting an unusally harsh wind storm this afternoon, schools are letting out at noon today, and the ground is so soft and trees have many hanging limbs from the ice storm, that we are being warned to prepare for another outage. We personally have many hanging limbs that could easily bring down a power line.

I'm now thinking we will have leftover pork chops and baked/roasted potatoes for dinner. I really wanted to make a baked potato soup, but better finish up the pork chops. What is different this time is the weather is so mild, 50's-60's* F, that keeping food in coolers on the porch will not be nearly as effective as when the temps were around 0*F. Fortunately I have very few food items in the frig right now, so not much to deal with.

Hubby has to be a city hall for a monthly meeting, so I try to make something that can be easily adjusted for timing. So tonight it will be tostadas.

my mother in law sent my wife home with some tilapia fillets, wasabi powder and seasame seeds....said she made a paste out of soy and the wasabi, coated the fish with it and baked it....then topped with the seeds (after toasting them)

sounds like it will be good, and couldn't be easier - i may add a thing or two, but thats basically the plan

I am trying out the Goulash recipe that Cara pointed me to. Wish me luck....I'm gonna need it. Poison control is on speed dial. Snow has melted so ambulance will be able to get to us quickly.

A pizza parlor in town is doing a fund raiser for a child that was the only surviving victim from a drunken driver's accident. So I'm going with coworkers. I'm not expecting anything there that I want to eat, but it's for a good cause. I'll probably snack before and microwave a chickpea burger when I get home.

I'm cooking on the grill tonight. Dear GF wants a cheeseburger, DD wants chicken breast and I'm going to have a nice ribeye steak cooked medium rare. Sides are baked potatos and broccoli.

It's Wednesday night - time for dinner out with friends. We're going to a place that is donating $1 to the local children's hospital for each appetizer and dessert ordered in February, so we're going to share an assortment of each :)

I'm working on getting my tax stuff ready for my accountant, plus Top Chef comes on at 10, so dinner tonight will be "convenience food" :rolleyes:The turkey soup I made on Sunday and a slice of leftover pizza from the other day. :)

LOL, i have power right now, just planning ahead, especially after being without power for 5+ days last week....we are expecting an unusally harsh wind storm this afternoon, schools are letting out at noon today, and the ground is so soft and trees have many hanging limbs from the ice storm, that we are being warned to prepare for another outage. We personally have many hanging limbs that could easily bring down a power line.

I'm now thinking we will have leftover pork chops and baked/roasted potatoes for dinner. I really wanted to make a baked potato soup, but better finish up the pork chops. What is different this time is the weather is so mild, 50's-60's* F, that keeping food in coolers on the porch will not be nearly as effective as when the temps were around 0*F. Fortunately I have very few food items in the frig right now, so not much to deal with.
Wow, you sure HAVE been with out power.. I'm glad you have it now, and your dinner sounds good. You can't beat a pork chop and roasted potatoes! :chef:

We are having burger patties with mushroom gravy, glazed carrots, and mashed potatoes...tossed salad, bread and butter.

I'm cooking on the grill tonight. Dear GF wants a cheeseburger, DD wants chicken breast and I'm going to have a nice ribeye steak cooked medium rare. Sides are baked potatos and broccoli.
MMM... grilled chicken, cheeseburger and ribeyes steak. For me it would be a toss up between the burger and the steak! And of course, great sides! :)

Back
Top Bottom