Wednesday, January 15th - Jeet Yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lollipop lamb rack rubbed with garlic, chopped rosemary, oil and S&P, sautéed spinach with onion, garlic, touch of red pepper flakes, and mashed potatoes made with some of the mascarpone cheese we made from the cream from the raw milk we used to make mozzarella and ricotta over the weekend. I do have pics of the cheeses, just haven't pulled them off the phone yet. For desert, we had brownies made with the rest of the mascarpone with a chocolate ganache on top, DECADENT and one of the best brownies I've ever had! All in all, one of the best meals we've had in a while.
That does sound yummy.

Lollipop lamb rack rubbed with garlic, chopped rosemary, oil and S&P, sautéed spinach with onion, garlic, touch of red pepper flakes, and mashed potatoes made with some of the mascarpone cheese we made from the cream from the raw milk we used to make mozzarella and ricotta over the weekend. I do have pics of the cheeses, just haven't pulled them off the phone yet. For desert, we had brownies made with the rest of the mascarpone with a chocolate ganache on top, DECADENT and one of the best brownies I've ever had! All in all, one of the best meals we've had in a while.

Sounds fantastic! :yum:

I did a pork tenderloin with a mustard rub and wrapped half with turkey bacon and half with regular bacon and put them on separate baking sheets so that I could have some with no fat. It worked really well.

I served steamed veggies and mashed potatoes (with veggie broth) as sides.

I think I am getting the hang of this "cooking with no fat".

We had a meatloaf with gravy, corn on the cob and a nice salad with lettuce, radishes, tomatoes, red onions, slivered carrots, and cut up cucumbers with some dressings.

With love,
~Cat

Kayelle, my garden is in demand in the winter because I grow so many collards. I got my recipe from a local resturant owner who serves them regularly with Fish specials. I wash and chop my collards, removing the larger stems. the amount I cooked dictates the amount of chicken stock I use. If I use store bought, I use 100% stock. Homemade is 50/50 with water. I use bacon to season with. To a plastic grocery bag of collards I use 4 strips of bacon. But here is the key, 3 T of apple cider vinegar. Salt and pepper to your tast. I cook mine until the leave are just past al dente but not falling apart. The pot liquor is really good spooned over jalapeno cornbread. They are so good and freeze great in their own juice.

Maybe we need a collard green thread in the veggie forum before these recipes get lost on this thread.

Kayelle, my garden is in demand in the winter because I grow so many collards. I got my recipe from a local resturant owner who serves them regularly with Fish specials. I wash and chop my collards, removing the larger stems. the amount I cooked dictates the amount of chicken stock I use. If I use store bought, I use 100% stock. Homemade is 50/50 with water. I use bacon to season with. To a plastic grocery bag of collards I use 4 strips of bacon. But here is the key, 3 T of apple cider vinegar. Salt and pepper to your tast. I cook mine until the leave are just past al dente but not falling apart. The pot liquor is really good spooned over jalapeno cornbread. They are so good and freeze great in their own juice.

I bought a bag of shredded collard greens at Trader Joe's and my experience with them is practically nill. I'm planning on cooking up some diced panchetta, (also TJ's) and onion with some of my home made chicken stock. If that doesn't sound right, please speak up fast. I guess I need to make cornbread too?

I'm with you so far, I also like to add fresh chopped garlic and red pepper flakes to mine.

Everyone want to post your collard recipes here http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f18/collard-greens-can-be-really-yummy-88681.html so we don't lose them?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom