Wednesday, January 21st, Is there meat on your plate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Ours is meatloaf (pork and g. beef), mashies and true baby carrots. We've got a zucchini and a yellow squash that are about to be unusable so I think I'm going to grate them and put them in the meatloaf, first time I've ever done that, though I always chop up and sauté some onions at least for the meatloaf mixture. Hopefully flan for desert!

The monthly neighborhood potluck is tonight and I know I will be having flan; my sister is bringing it.

LOL I'm taking rice krispie treats. I was supposed to be volunteering today at office work, but it got cancelled because of the snow. I had made the treats this am so I would have something to take. Looks like I will be shoveling snow instead.

By history, there will be a lot of good, nutritious food tonight. I actually am wondering if anyone will eat the RK treats:blush:.

There are some yummy looking trout fillets in the fridge. I'm thinking I'll just broil them and drown in lemon/butter/caper sauce.

Don't know yet what else we will be having.

Mmmmm......trout...been ages since I've had that. :yum:

I've got a couple of chicken thighs defrosting on the counter, not sure what I'm going to do with them yet. I might just batter and fry them up and make a small salad to go alongside.

On second thought, it's a nice sunny day for grilling....

It was Meatless Menu today. Did I want to warm up yesterday's tuna casserole or run over to DxW's for Fettuccine Alfredo, the same salad we both tend to make and garlic toasts. Voting was unanimous. Dinner was early and tasty.

Well, pancetta counts as meat, so yes!

I fried some pancetta with garlic, stir fry veg and had it mixed into fine chinese egg noodles with red pesto stirred in at the final stage. :yum:

With all the recent talk about Swedish Meatballs again, I got inspired and even dug out the dang food processor from the top shelf. I followed the recipe you used Cheryl and the meat mixture is chilling. I'm going to make Spaetzle to go with them, so now I'm on to that. It's been a while since I've spent this much time in the kitchen and it's far from over yet. The heck with it, it's time for a glass of wine. ;):D

I made a hamburger and broccoli mix with cream of chicken and cream of cheddar.

I'd have made it into a casserole, but decided to go without any noodles.

I can't have regular macaroni and such and I really don't care for the wheat ones.

It was very tasty. Even thinned down with evaporated and regular milk, it was a thick soup.

We split a big lunch of reuben sandwich, onion rings, and chicken noodle soup at a local restaurant, so we've just been picking at leftover pulled pork and such tonight.

Our meatless day is usually Monday. Today was omelette night. Ken had bacon, green onion and mozza. Maddie had proscuitto, salami, green onion and monterey jack. I had...tea. I have no appetite today, weird. The only thing I wanted to eat was the oatmeal spice cake I made so I guess tea and cake was supper for me. Heh heh heh!

...It's been a while since I've spent this much time in the kitchen and it's far from over yet. The heck with it, it's time for a glass of wine. ;):D
I like to cook with wine. Sometimes I even add it to the food as I cook. ;)

Alix, I hope you feel better tomorrow. Maybe you would have felt like eating at our house? I made chicken piccata with a generous amount of lemon! I made a version with mushrooms too, since they were starting to look a wee bit tired. A generous serving of steamed broccoli was along side.

Attachments

• 2015-01-21 21.17.50.jpg
    2015-01-21 21.17.50.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 190
^^ that chicken looks wonderful

Had chicken shawarma with a side of pressure cooker sweet potatoes. Stunk up the office with the leftovers today.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom