Wednesday June 1, What's for Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're going to be eating on the fly today as Ken and I are going to see U2 tonight.
What, you aren't staying home to watch the Canuck's first game in the Stanley Cup Finals? :ohmy:

Well actually it would be a very difficult choice for me to be honest - U2 or Canucks. I am just lucky U2 would be playing in the same arena so it would never happen here on the same night!

Enjoy the concert.

What, you aren't staying home to watch the Canuck's first game in the Stanley Cup Finals? :ohmy:

Well actually it would be a very difficult choice for me to be honest - U2 or Canucks. I am just lucky U2 would be playing in the same arena so it would never happen here on the same night!

Enjoy the concert.

Now that I would pay money to see... :LOL:

I'd go to the game first also...
But, for dinner I did a pressed Cuban sandwich:w00t:(I had some ribs left over from the weekend) and some black beans and rice. Really good

First try at Italian wedding soup which I actually prepared last night. Also green salad. All eaten in front of the TV so we could watch the Hockey game which the Canucks won! Woot! Woot! The rhubarb crisp finally got made, so that's dessert. ;-)

Yes, our Canucks won.....with 18.5 seconds left in an otherwise scoreless game. Raffi Torres was credited with the goal, but actually I am responsible for them winning seeing as I yelled at them with 30 seconds left not to let the Bruins score but they could go ahead and do it....and they did! :angel:

What was our hockey meal of choice? Meatloaf, baked potatoes and raw veggies!

First try at Italian wedding soup which I actually prepared last night. Also green salad. All eaten in front of the TV so we could watch the Hockey game which the Canucks won! Woot! Woot! The rhubarb crisp finally got made, so that's dessert. ;-)

By the way, how was the soup? I made it when I was cooking at a camp, but have never done it small scale or since!

LPBeier said:
By the way, how was the soup? I made it when I was cooking at a camp, but have never done it small scale or since!

LP, the soup was great! I made a big pot so I'll have some left for lunches. I think I would make it every couple of months maybe trying different ground meats for the meatballs. These were sweet Italian sausage and ground beef.

oh man, i have avoided every form of information that would tell me the outcome on the 'nucks/bruins game tonight (and that's no small feat when you work in one of the world's largest media providers) so i could watch the recording when i got home in the morning, and damned if i didn't stumble on it here...lol.

my son has begged me to get us tickets when the show comes to boston. anyone know of a seller?

ok, well, wednesday dinner is now, thursday at 3am, which is because i worked till noon on wednesday; visited my friend with colon cancer to see if he needed anything; went to the cubmaster's house to drop off school flyers i printed for our pack's picnic; slept three hours; took my boy to the cub scout meeting; watched the first half of the game with him, then headed back into work.

so for dinner, i'm trying to decide on which diner to go to. american or greek/italianish. or pizza, or hot dogs, or domincan fried chicken, or latin american classics.

this city rips the bones from your back, it's a death trap, it's a suicide rap... but it has good food, lol.

lol, auntie. i'm kinda leaning that way. it's the healthiest alternative.

maybe with a wedge of baklava...

Back
Top Bottom