"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 03-10-2010, 09:14 AM   #1
Wednesday March 10, What's for dinner?

Anyone made plans yet? Or anyone across the pond care to post what they had? I'm still deciding, but I think its going to be ribs. I have the whole day at home so its looking good.

You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it. Robin Williams
Alix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:25 PM   #2
Master Chef
Leftovers and tossed salad.

A little kindness goes a long way.
Vanilla Bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 12:26 PM   #3
Certified Pretend Chef
I made pork fried rice last week for the first time. It came out so good, we decided to have it again tonight.
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 01:45 PM   #4
Master Chef
Eating out tonight! Too many things to do today! I want someone to wait on me!
Finally things have started clicking for me, my knees, my elbows, my back, etc...
getoutamykitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:00 PM   #5
Master Chef
Ground beef with noodles, sweet peas, cooked in skillet , cream of mushroom soup, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, sharp cheddar cheese.
LadyCook61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 02:04 PM   #6
Executive Chef
I have some really good sausages so I think we will have that with peppers and onions - maybe some au gratin potatoes and since cabbage was on sale, I will make some steamed cabbage and corn bread. Sweet tea but now it is with splenda. Key lime pie for dessert.
Be an organ donor; give your heart to Jesus.
Exercise daily; walk with the Lord.
licia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:33 PM   #7
Master Chef
jake zonked last nite as a 32-year-old & woke being 33. dinner is his choice tonite! he mentioned ordering in a pizza- that was before 6:30 this morning, though.
yep, we're getting that pizza!
tomato on my cuts. plain cheese on his.
i believe that life would not be complete sans comfy 'ol tee-shirts, the Golden Girls, and the color pink
& rock on, PITTSBURGH-
luvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 04:50 PM   #8
Master Chef
This is the night to clean out the refrigerator. Tonight, we either eat it or throw it out. There's Italian beef, cheese brats and Golden Mushroom chicken. The slaw and steamed cauliflower are over 5 days, so I think I'll send them down the garbage disposal and we'll just make sandwiches of the meat.
Or I could make a chicken, sausage and rice dish and sneak some veggies into it. Hmmm...
We get by with a little help from our friends
Constance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:24 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
I'd planned a beef dish done in the crock-pot and had it cooking by 10 a.m., then Glenn came in and said, "Isn't Wednesday when Luke's has the ham hock and white beans lunch special?" I called and, "Yes."

Soooooo....we fired up the newly painted and refurbished Harley and headed the 40 minutes away to Luke's. The day was/is picture-perfect and warm, warm warm, so the ride was wonderful.

Awesome late lunch that we capped off by sharing a piece of mile high coconut cream pie.

We're still full, especially since we sat for a few hours in the swing on the back porch and sipped a couple of beers after we arrived back home. Maybe some popcorn for dinner later. The beef will be put in the fridge for tomorrow.

It was an awesome day!!!!!
"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 05:36 PM   #10
Sous Chef
We are having Chicken Pot Pie. My mother, who is the pickiest eater on the planet informed me 20 minutes ago that she "doesn't like pot pie" when I brought her a plate (she'll go to church and dh teaches late, so she eats earlier than we do on Weds.). It's not like I haven't made it before. But I didn't want to argue, though, so I just told her I'd make her a PB&J, to which she said, "Oh, I guess I can at least try it."

Bringing the plate in for seconds she says, "Boy, that doesn't taste anything like boughten pot pie!"

"Yeah, mom... I made it from scratch. That's why"

Life is too short to eat processed, artificially-colored, chemically-preserved, genetically-modified food. Or maybe that IS why life's too short.
velochic is offline   Reply With Quote