Wednesday March 10, What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Anyone made plans yet? Or anyone across the pond care to post what they had? I'm still deciding, but I think its going to be ribs. I have the whole day at home so its looking good.

I made pork fried rice last week for the first time. It came out so good, we decided to have it again tonight.

Ground beef with noodles, sweet peas, cooked in skillet , cream of mushroom soup, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, sharp cheddar cheese.

I have some really good sausages so I think we will have that with peppers and onions - maybe some au gratin potatoes and since cabbage was on sale, I will make some steamed cabbage and corn bread. Sweet tea but now it is with splenda. Key lime pie for dessert.

jake zonked last nite as a 32-year-old & woke being 33.:blink: dinner is his choice tonite! he mentioned ordering in a pizza- that was before 6:30 this morning, though.
yep, we're getting that pizza!
tomato on my cuts. plain cheese on his.

This is the night to clean out the refrigerator. Tonight, we either eat it or throw it out. There's Italian beef, cheese brats and Golden Mushroom chicken. The slaw and steamed cauliflower are over 5 days, so I think I'll send them down the garbage disposal and we'll just make sandwiches of the meat.
:idea: Or I could make a chicken, sausage and rice dish and sneak some veggies into it. Hmmm...

I'd planned a beef dish done in the crock-pot and had it cooking by 10 a.m., then Glenn came in and said, "Isn't Wednesday when Luke's has the ham hock and white beans lunch special?" I called and, "Yes."

Soooooo....we fired up the newly painted and refurbished Harley and headed the 40 minutes away to Luke's. The day was/is picture-perfect and warm, warm warm, so the ride was wonderful.

Awesome late lunch that we capped off by sharing a piece of mile high coconut cream pie.

We're still full, especially since we sat for a few hours in the swing on the back porch and sipped a couple of beers after we arrived back home. Maybe some popcorn for dinner later. The beef will be put in the fridge for tomorrow.

It was an awesome day!!!!!

We are having Chicken Pot Pie. My mother, who is the pickiest eater on the planet informed me 20 minutes ago that she "doesn't like pot pie" when I brought her a plate (she'll go to church and dh teaches late, so she eats earlier than we do on Weds.). It's not like I haven't made it before. But I didn't want to argue, though, so I just told her I'd make her a PB&J, to which she said, "Oh, I guess I can at least try it."

Bringing the plate in for seconds she says, "Boy, that doesn't taste anything like boughten pot pie!"

"Yeah, mom... I made it from scratch. That's why" :rolleyes:

I took a leftover turkey breast and leg from the freezer and we had turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, gravy, lima beans and green beans. Like a mini Thanksgiving

I tried a new recipe for rainbow trout, and it was TERRIBLE! I was so disappointed. It sounded so good, but it sucked. I'm usually right on about choosing recipes, but this time, my vibes were dead wrong. What a waste of ingredients. Ugh. I'll have to make up for this horrible dinner with a good chocolate dessert. At least, you can always depend on chocolate.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom