Wednesday March 12, Dinner tonight?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chrismcphee

Assistant Cook
Left-overs for us. Last night I used some turkey meat left over from the Sunday roast, put together a mushroom sauce and then brought out the ever-reliable Breville Personal Pie Maker. They've been in the fridge all day - apart from the two that fell victim to my teenage son last night - and we'll have them with some simple boiled potatoes, peas, corn and, of course, gravy.

I'm roasting some chilies, onions and garlic as a start for beef enchiladas for tonight's dinner.

I'm going to shred some chicken I had for lunch and make chimichitos. I even picked up the cilantro.

The slow cooker rump roast I started too late to eat yesterday. We had it for lunch, and will repeat for dinner.

I have class tonight and a hankering for fried chicken and no chicken to fry, so I'm going to Church's Fried Chicken to pick some up. DH is at a meeting and is on his own.

It was going to be gluten free chicken strips with wedges and salad, but I am going to wait and see how TB feels when he wakes up. He is down with the flu.

Got home at 8pm after spending 4 hours spring cleaning the feed room at the stables. It involved hauling around huge bins full of horse feed, lifting the duck boards to get at the mess underneath. removing the rat droppings (I wish people would sweep up the feed they spill then they wouldn't have to complain about the rats), scrubbing everything, cleaning the floor and de-spiders' webbing all the walls. This is a job that all the livery clients are supposed to take it in turns to do. Sadly only this livery client remembers when it's her turn.:mad::mad::mad:

Absolutely shattered so dinner was a packet of ready made spinach and ricotta tortellini with a jar of Seeds of Change sauce. As all I'd had to eat all day was 2 chocolate biscuits my dinner tasted divine!

I cooked stuffed cabbage rolls. With the leftover cabbage I made cabbage and noodles, Haluski. With the leftover rice, I made my first Chinese Fried Rice. All I did all day was cook and wash dishes, pots and pans.

I cooked stuffed cabbage rolls. With the leftover cabbage I made cabbage and noodles, Haluski. With the leftover rice, I made my first Chinese Fried Rice. All I did all day was cook and wash dishes, pots and pans.

Isn't cabbage great? So versatile. And it lasts forever in the crisper.
I've been making cabbage salads and slaws for the last month with a head I bought.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 143
I made pasta carbonara tonight. I followed an authentic recipe that I had never tried before. It was pretty good, but we prefer my old, non-authentic recipe. I made a Caesar salad to go with that. It wasn't as good as the first time. Well, at least it was nearly perfect the first time. I know it's possible. ;)

Back
Top Bottom