Wednesday March 30 - What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Soup for lunch... what to do w swordfish for dinner?

I have been super sick the past few days and craving egg drop but the Chinese restaurant here loads it with cornstarch (watching those carbs)... I made my own today and I really enjoyed it:

Now just trying to figure out what to do with swordfish for dinner... suggestions??

Last edited by a moderator:
Well now, that should get rid of it! Throw in some garlic and you have all the bases covered.

I decided to eat afterall. Had some leftover souvlaki stuffed in a pita with all of the usua fixins. Now, there was a tone of garlic in the tzatziki.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
I have been super sick the past few days and craving egg drop but the Chinese restaurant here loads it with cornstarch (watching those carbs)... I made my own today and I really enjoyed it: Highly Experimental: Quick post- egg drop soup yummm

Now just trying to figure out what to do with swordfish for dinner... suggestions??

The egg drop soup sounds good. Thanks for the reminder, I've been wanting to make it.

Swordfish is such a strong flavor, I always just broiled it plain. :chef:

How many crabs is in 5lbs? For home we normally use the bushel measurement.

My family is from Baltimore and used to the bushel basket purchases. Florida, generally sells by the pound. What I bought was a dozen that happened to be just over 5 lbs. I would suspect that most would not have been legal size in MD. :mad: Also, folks here can't tell male from female. I asked for males, but they managed to slip a couple females in. They also don't seem to understand the term "paper shell". :mad: Soft shells are $6.99 each.

Craig

My family is from Baltimore and used to the bushel basket purchases. Florida, generally sells by the pound. What I bought was a dozen that happened to be just over 5 lbs. I would suspect that most would not have been legal size in MD. :mad: Also, folks here can't tell male from female. I asked for males, but they managed to slip a couple females in. They also don't seem to understand the term "paper shell". :mad: Soft shells are $6.99 each.

Craig
But...were they good? How'd you serve them?

I love cottage pie, too, Alix. I usually dust the mashed taters with paprika and stick the casserole under the broiler for a bit. They freeze well, too.

Yep, turtle is in season here, so I made a turtle burger. I probably should have cooked it on the grill, as my oven dial isn't only off, it fluctuates as to how far off it is at any given time.

Lentils and rice

img_984996_0_bb695c29c581c6a2a51ab7fe73608c72.jpg

Shell steak cooked on the stovetop grill pan, steamed and buttered fresh baby spinach, bean salad (kidney and cannellini beans, onion, ground sea salt, ground peppercorns, oregano, EVOO and red wine vinegar), fried potatoes, mushroom caps and onions, and green salad.

img_985065_0_51b072b2f1b8b89085ead4cac7a6bae7.jpg

Chef's Salad with turkey breast, imported Swiss, tomatoes, lettuce, sweet onion, red bell pepper, navy beans, etc., with a Dijon vinaigrette. Deep chocolate muffins/cupcakes for dessert.

But...were they good? How'd you serve them?

Yes they were good. Normally the whole lot would be dumped on a news paper covered table and everyone just dug in. We had individual "news paper plates". Traditionally, the crabs are all there is, well except for the beer, but we also had coleslaw and the best sweet hush puppies I've ever had. Google is your friend!;)

Craig

Back
Top Bottom