Wednesday March 30 - What's for dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
I'm thinking cottage pie here if DD can chew at all. I have a huge pot of soup on if she can't.

SO came home with a tub of fresh blueberries yesterday so we're having blueberry pancakes and bacon or sausages for dinner tonight.

Not sure yet. The fridge is pretty full after a trip to the grocery store yesterday. I'll have to think of something. The problem is there are too many choices!!

Got me 5 lbs of PO'd blue crab. Looks like there is some steaming to do.;)

Craig

I have some butternut squash soup in the freezer. Think I'll pull that out and have some grilled turkey sandwiches with it. It's rather cold and dreary here today.

oven fried chicken thighs, or maybe wings. baked sweet potato, and broccoli.

last night ended up with taco salad. did the tortilla bowl in the convection oven setting of my microwave. was yummy.

Tonight we're having a fridge cleanout stir fry. I know there will be chicken, green onions, bell peppers, and savoy cabbage involved. It remains to be seen what else is lurking in the veggie drawer.

we're supposedly having a BBQ with my neighbors. I'm bringing sausage. I was making stuffed shells for dinner and I still may to add some variety. Need to get some ricotta though...

The "cocktail" we drink for head colds is hot tomato juice (homemade), lots of hot peppers (finely chopped), and lots of garlic. We toss it in a pan and heat until hot (not boiling). Supposedly hot peppers will kick a cold on its butt. Horseradish also boosts the autoimmune system. I ate almost a complete jar of it when I had a cold a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited:
I'm thinking cottage pie here if DD can chew at all. I have a huge pot of soup on if she can't.

Cottage pie sounds good, Alix. Recipe?:chef:

Tonight I'm going to have the chicken with wild rice mix I made today using the bok choy/chicken broth.

Cottage pie sounds good, Alix. Recipe?:chef:

Tonight I'm going to have the chicken with wild rice mix I made today using the bok choy/chicken broth.

Brown some ground beef, make gravy (add a dab of sour cream and a splash of brandy) and pour it in. Put a pile of mixed veggies or corn on top of that, then layer on your smashed potatoes. Put in the oven to heat through...ta da!

Brown some ground beef, make gravy (add a dab of sour cream and a splash of brandy) and pour it in. Put a pile of mixed veggies or corn on top of that, then layer on your smashed potatoes. Put in the oven to heat through...ta da!

Simple and easy. I like it. Thanks, Alix

Simple and easy. I like it. Thanks, Alix:LOL:

Back
Top Bottom