Wednesday May 11th - Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've never heard of "String Bean Stew" before. :huh: I like things over rice though.

I've never heard of "String Bean Stew" before. :huh: I like things over rice though.

Actually, this started out as a side dish, Italian style string beans. I sauté an onion and some garlic, add some canned tomato, oregano and basil. Simmer then add string beans and cook 'til done.

When I saw some stew meat in the freezer I browned that first, then simmered it with the tomato and seasonings until tender and added the string beans. Viola! String Bean Stew.

I hope you like it.

I also add white wine and a splash of broth to manage the thickness of the sauce.

Here's the whole thing so I don't miss anything:

Italian String Bean Stew

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy this sounds great. I am sitting here cleaning green beans. Hubby picked the last ones in the garden. Looks like there is going to be over a gallon. No potatoes in the stew? Sounds like a good diabetic recipe.

Thanks
Josie

I'm going to make a cheesy goulash out of the leftover elbow macaroni and turkey burgers from the other day. I'm sure I'll find some other stuff to add, too.

Mmmmm, that sounds tasty Andy. Leftovers here for my family and I'll be eating at work. The leftovers consist of:

Last bits of chinese food
Chicken cacciatore
Pizza.

That should feed the scavenging hoards!

Leftovers here, too. I made way too much Chicken tetrazzini (or my approximation of it) last night & my husband took cereal for lunch today instead of some of the leftovers, so it looks like we need to eat some for dinner.

I had to go to the store for milk today so I picked up a bone-in ham on sale and some strawberries. We'll have the ham, with mac'n'cheese green beans and strawberry shortcake.

white pizza! I tried a new pizza dough recipe and it worked out fabulous. I froze half the dough so I can't wait to see how it thaws and cooks. I hope I followed directions correctly because I would love to be able to freeze more dough :)

I think I'm going to freeze those turkey burgers for another time, feed the elbow macaroni to the chickens, and make a batch of crab legs instead. I'm not in the mood anymore for anything potentially heavy.

I guess, by reading the others, this is an evening for leftovers. :dry::unsure:

Pan fried ground beef, broccoli rice, and made-from-scratch mushroom gravy, all mixed together into a skillet casserole. Tasty and enough for lunch tomorrow. :mellow:

I already had my Dessert. Vanilla Ice Cream with Caramel Topping.:chef:
Mus-go Roast Beef/Horseradish Sauce on Wheat Bread Sandwich.
Garlic and Herb Vegetable Stir Fry.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom