Wednesday May 23rd, What's cooking?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
I am baking some garlic chicken breasts with potato chunks. The potatoes will be for dinner tonight. The deboned chicken will be for green chile sour cream chicken enchiladas another day and the bones will be added to other bones for canning chicken broth tomorrow. So will have potatoes, salmon patties and sauteed asparagus tonight.

What will you be having?

The men are having walleye with a thin crispy batter with homemade tartar sauce, oven fried potatoes. I'm having whole grained toast with raclette cheese, kidney bean salad, cucumber salad, and canned pickled beets.

Mushroom swiss berger & ......Creme Brulee

39817-albums1064-picture7347.jpg
[/IMG]

The men are having walleye with a thin crispy batter with homemade tartar sauce, oven fried potatoes. I'm having whole grained toast with raclette cheese, kidney bean salad, cucumber salad, and canned pickled beets.

Yum on the walleye!

DH and his dad have been very busy today with chores, sprucing up and painting around the house, getting ready for the memorial service Sunday, so no time for grocery shopping. So we're going to another local place for dinner tonight. Probably will cook tomorrow - dinner and freezer meals for my FIL.

I'm brining some boneless pork chops for grilling. I rescued some stuffing from the freezer to go along with it. I'll find a veggie somewhere.

I can't remember the last time we had them, it's been so long, but tonight's dinner was rib eyes on the grill. Sides were wild rice blend with bacon and mushrooms, garden salad.

Yummy sounding dinners this evening.

Joey, I could go for a couple of those pretty bowls of crème brulee, and call that good for dinner. :chef: :yum:

I wasn't in the mood to actually cook much, so I had a couple of scrambled eggs with some fresh cut chives from my little patio garden, a slice of toasted rye bread, and a glass of iced tea with lemon.

Remember the dhal I was gonna make?

I think on Monday’s “what’s for dinner thread, I posted that I’d be making dhal, onion kulcha and pickles for lunch. That didn’t pan out, but I did finally make it. Last night. Very late.

It was delicious!

A93CF40E-37F4-4B87-9663-271D42249EED.jpg

I think on Monday’s “what’s for dinner thread, I posted that I’d be making dhal, onion kulcha and pickles for lunch. That didn’t pan out, but I did finally make it. Last night. Very late.

It was delicious!

View attachment 30080
And how fun is it that red onions pickled in lime juice and salt turn bright pink?!?

Back
Top Bottom