Wednesday Oct 26th - Dinner plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
I'm off to work shortly. I haven't had time to cook anything yet, been running around getting groceries, haircut, and a couple loads of laundry done. I think I'll leave some homemade mac n cheese though. And prepare yourselves...I'm going to use VELVEETA and regular cheese too! ;)

I have no plans.
Maybe I'll pan fry a steak in a non-stick skillet, just for the heck of it.

I came here for inspiration and found it in the first post! I'll make mac and cheese but I'm going to fry up some smoked sausage and add it to the casserole. Have salads besides. I came home from work and slept so didn't get things done like I wanted but I feel better.

I roasted a chicken on Monday, so today the bones and extra bits are simmering on the stove to make stock. It's chicken noodle soup and a salad for us tonight.

Meatloaf and some sort of "Asian Vegetable" mix that has noodles and a teriyaki sauce.

Make sure you DEEP FRY it!!!:ROFLMAO:

That's one method I have no inkling to try :ermm:
Maybe breaded and deep fryed, like a pork steak or tenderloin.
Although... deep fryed hot dogs (rippers) are pretty good, but then, they are hot dogs ;)

I think you should read Pan Frying Steak before you finalize your plans.

uuh, thanks for the tip :rolleyes:
I'd use my CI skillet but I'm afraid I wouldn't clean it correctly afterwards.
:LOL:

I have a document to finish before 3:30 a.m. and an article to finish for 8:00 a.m. I might get to the Scotch Broth..but if not, I think that one of the packages of frozen food my friend who is moving off loaded on me last week was either frozen burritos or egg rolls...Taking a breather now because the hens had to come in, dog had to be fed, and I had to see what everyone was cooking tonight!

I made Zatarain's yellow rice and a skillet full of sliced mushrooms, onion and brats. It was pretty darn good.

I went ahead and cooked the whole package of brats. I'll slice up one or two more to go in the rice, then freeze the rest.

dw asked me to broil a steak in "my" kitchen (downstairs apt.), but i figured why have to scrub the broiler pan when the grill is just out the back door.

so i grilled a london broil, and i'm now 2 for 2 on getting it perfectly medium rare using the finger poke method to determine doneness. it's been a long time since i've cooked a steak a week, so i've gotta remember how rare through well done feels.

dw made mashed and a can o corn to go with it, and she helped our boy saute garlic and garlic chives to make garlic bread.

the bread was outstanding! bread drizzled with garlic oil is good, but the addition of chopped chives made it great.

Last edited:
So glad to hear DW is enjoying her steaks again, BT! Your meal sounds great!

Have no idea for tonight. Maybe some freezer excavating for chicken soup.

I've got a burner on under some water and am also slow heating up the leftover bison and Italian green bean stew I made a while (short while?) ago. All this talk of pasta had me craving some noodles, even though I had some loaded mac & cheese for lunch.
I had the package of food saver steaks in my hand... but did not feel like cutting one out and then waiting for it to thaw naturally. Plus I only have three left. Ouch. I need a decent looking loin to go on sale soon.

Cheese Raviolis topped with homemade sauce and fresh grated romano and parmesan cheese, fresh micro steamed broccoli and Mama’s garlic & herb bread sticks.

img_1063330_0_ab4e3883c92648c346c91af8c5c7b36b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom