Wednesday the 10th. What's for Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just baked two pounds of bacon so I could have bacon on my cheeseburger tonight.

A little cheese burger with your bacon there Andy?:LOL:

We are having crab and corn chowder with what crab was leftover from last night.:yum:

We polished off the last of the mushroom soup, along with some cheese and crackers.

I just baked two pounds of bacon so I could have bacon on my cheeseburger tonight.
Andy's Burger...
baconburg.jpg

2Q==

Rock, I really like that burger. :yum:

Ended up with salad and ravioli lasagna. I thought I had small, square raviolis. I had big, round ones. I used too much sauce. I added sausage disks that I should have cut smaller. Meh. It was good enough, but I think I'll stick to making authentic lasagna from now on. Or maybe I'll try it with small, square ones again.

BLT on seeded rye for lunch.
Tonight we had linguini with Broccoli Aglio Olio (With Garlic and Olive Oil) topped with fresh grated romano and parmesan cheeses.

I made spicy ground beef soft shell tacos with potato salad along side, The salad had sliced radishes and jalapenos and bell pepper among other things in a mayo- sour cream dressing. It was pretty good with the tacos though I didn't originally plan these together,

Made Caribbean Jerk Chicken drumsticks with a peach salsa, pan-fried plantains, and roasted green beans with lime juice and lime zest, chopped roasted Scotch bonnet pepper (to taste) (that was actually lunch) and oven-grilled crispy chicken thighs (skin on, bone in) (brushed with olive oil, S&P, fresh rosemary and thyme) with a salad of steamed green beans-pan-grilled Radicchio, a topped with a dressing that used EVOO, apple cider vinegar, and other things, topped with toasted walnuts and grated parmesan cheese. We planned a third dish for the photo shoot, but the newly-hired kitchen prep person (a/k/a my sous chef and "action shot" hand model) cut her finger disjointing the chicken legs. By the time we had sanitized once the ambulance crew left (thankfully, she only needed 2 stitches and will back in the kitchen with us next week), we decided to toss the flat-iron steak in the freezer and shoot that one next week. The photos were really colourful and both dishes and sides were excellent. But I'm so tired.

Last edited:
Nothing fancy tonight; I was pooped. DH grilled pork chops, and we had dirty rice, green beans, and watermelon.

Took a nap after dinner LOL!

Back
Top Bottom