Wednesday the 24th. What's for Dinner?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ya know CherylJ, I couldn't remember when was the last time I made Lasagne, but boy howdy! Them's good eats! :pig: DH keeps dipping in a spoon, "oops, there's a stray bit there, let me just clean up your pan there Dear." :)

Well, ya know....just like a pan of brownies. You have to 'even it up' and get rid of those stray bits....:rolleyes: :LOL:

I've been cooking for one or two since 1990. When have leftovers, it's planned for a future dinner. Sometimes there's just enough for a lunch.

I don't consider it leftovers if you make a big batch of something and freeze it in meal-sized portions (chili, pasta sauce, soups, lasagna, etc).

...DH keeps dipping in a spoon, "oops, there's a stray bit there, let me just clean up your pan there Dear." :)
Better measure what's left before you go to bed. I bet your DH will be "sampling" by the refrigerator light late tonight. I understand food tastes better by fridge light...:whistling

CG, if you ever find the secret for cooking for two, please let me know! I usually cook for eight even though just two of us live here... We live off leftovers.
You know, Dawg, if we lived near each other we could swap leftovers. That way we could each cook only half the time and still eat all the time. ;)

I've been cooking for one or two since 1990. When have leftovers, it's planned for a future dinner. Sometimes there's just enough for a lunch...
It's been just the two of us for the last 15 years. Some of the leftovers are planned, and some of them just kinda got out of hand. Rarely am I smart enough to put another meal's worth of the entree in the freezer for another time. If I did, freezer diving could be more fun!

Curry and Rice Ring. well half of it anyway, the rest was in our tummies!

Quick and easy. Left over chicken from my freezer stash, bacon, banana, sweetcorn, packet of white sauce mix, curry powder to taste. Cooked rice in a sponge flan tin and turned out.
Not very haute cuisine but fairly fast!

Leftovers from food photography day...choices, choices, choices. I ended up eating the deconstructed succotash and zucchini slaw with a glass of white wine. Still have leftover trout almandine, more of the chipotle salmon with succotash and zucchini slaw, and honey chipotle steak with roasted pepper salsa and new potato salad with lime. Not to mention the walleye that is now in the freezer.

Last edited:
Better measure what's left before you go to bed. I bet your DH will be "sampling" by the refrigerator light late tonight. I understand food tastes better by fridge light...:whistling

YEEUUP! I think that's his favorite mode lighting, `fridge glow :huh:;)

I woke up this morning and there's a little more than half left, so a good portion of that went into the deep freeze for another day. I buy the small rectangular tin pans with foil lined cardboard covers from the Dollar store (gotta love that place 3 pans for a buck), parchment over whatever's in it and a quick label of clear tape and a permanent marker.
I did leave him a couple of slices to nibble on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom