Wednesday's Dinner, 11/7/18

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
Finally, the tamale people came around today, haven't seen them for a while. We are having red chile pork tamales and cole slaw.

What are you fixing?

We had some street corner Guatemalan tamales the other day. They were huge...... but no where near the size of Colombian tamales. But I prefer Mexican tamales, they're the best.

I think we're having some ravioli tonight...

Last edited:
Leftover meatloaf and mashed potatoes. I'll see if I can find a veggie in the freezer. Salad doesn't seem to go well with meatloaf [emoji38]

Fried Haddock filets breaded with seasoned breading and with Shoe String French Fries.

Ooooo, fish-n-chips -- sort of. Haddock is better for batter frying than cod, IMO. I'm guessing it is good breaded and fried, too.

CD

Leftover meatloaf and mashed potatoes. I'll see if I can find a veggie in the freezer. Salad doesn't seem to go well with meatloaf [emoji38]

If you find some okra in the freezer, bread it and deep fry it. And, make some white country gravy. Meatloaf, mash and fried okra covered in country gravy is good stuff. It will challenge your circulatory system, but it is good stuff.

CD

Last edited:
Oh, what am I eating? I am grilling some boudin tonight. I got it at Woody's Smokehouse on the way from Houston to the "beehive" yesterday. They make good sausages and jerky, but the boudin is a new product for them. Hopefully, it will be good.

CD

If you find some okra in the freezer, bread it and deep fry it. And, make some white country gravy. Meatloaf, mash and fried okra covered in country gravy is good stuff. It will challenge your circulatory system, but it is good stuff.

CD
Ha, no. There's no okra in my freezer [emoji38] Found some green beans, though.

Fritata with garlic sausage, potato, pecorino..

Attachments

• 45798003_523711448112606_4899314274523938816_n (2).jpg
    45798003_523711448112606_4899314274523938816_n (2).jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 138
We had Habitant French Canadian Pea Soup. DH isn't feeling well and wasn't very hungry, so that was it. I snacked on left overs later.

We had 2 kinds of quesadillas plus a side of guacamole.

Corn spiced with S and P and a little bit of dried oregano, lightly sauteed in a bit of EVOO, with fontina and Parm cheeses. My very favoritest as Pooh would say.

Chicken, onions, red bell peppers, and garlic spiced with S and P, cumin, coriander, with fontina and Monteray Jack cheeses .

It was Himself's birthday. He loves my ham and bean soup, so soup it was! Homemade caraway rye bread, too.
View attachment 32216

Wonderful looking dinners here last night, and happy belated birthday to Himself, CG!

Your ham and bean soup looks so good, and it's one of my faves. It's on the menu for this afternoon's dinner. :yum::) No homemade rye bread though, unfortunately....

Thanks, Cheryl! I used my Mom's Ham and Bean Soup recipe, but I've made a few small changes to it. I skipped some steps and changed up a few ingredients. This last round of soup was one of the better pots I've made over the years.

Don't forget fresh-ground pepper over the top of the soup when you ladle it into the bowl. Adds a nice zip.

Back
Top Bottom