Wednesday's Dinner 2nd November 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Potatoes Anna?

Thanks for the suggestion, but I think I'm going to grill them with nothing but S&P.
It seems like the last few times I've made pork chops I have made some kind of onion gravy with them. And where there's gravy, there's mashed potatoes. And then the next thing you know I'm making a run to the store for fresh green beans or something... maybe sugar snap peas... and then I've got four or five pots going... and I might as well make garlic bread, too... maybe with lots of cheese and diced stuff on top...

Geez, I'm getting carried away just thinking about getting carried away :wacko:

Stuffed peppers (ground turkey, onion, garlic, jalapeno, tomatoes and brown rice) and mmmm not sure what's going to with it yet. :ermm: Probably a carrot salad.

Wish I could. We could have tea too!!!

I'd even let you borrow my mug.

pacanis, you never had potatoes anna? Basically you slice your potatoes into circles, drop them into a screeching hot CI frying pan, pour some butter and salt on, and some parm, then layer til its the size you need for your crowd. Finish in the oven. I use bacon fat for the screeching hot part, then butter for the rest. Killer good.

Last edited:
Leftover chili over scoops here. I was in an 8-hour meeting today and didn't feel like cooking and REALLY needed some comfort food. Time for some pumpkin roll and maybe some leftover Halloween candy for dessert.

big change of plans. just took giant pineapple-banana muffins out of the oven. so over easy eggs, bacon and muffin. didn't want to mess with much anyway.

There is something about the words pineapple and eggs that has my tongue taking interest. A bite of eggs, a bite of a muffin with pineapple in it... that is sounding pretty good.

Monday I opened a can of tuna to feed the stray kitty we found. I used the rest of it to make tuna noodle casserole and had salads with it.

Can anybody play? newbie here.

I made Two Potato Soup. I had 2 potatoes and chopped slices of bacon and some onion. Just right amount. There is some left for lunch tomorrow.

Fred

I ended up changing the menu tonight too. I ended up making some angel hair and tossing it with olive oil and a jar of artichokes. It was pretty good!

Thank you!

Well, it's going to be chicken soup for our dinner... I'm not sure if I'm going to turn it into a chowder or have it be just plain chicken noodle.

I made my soup into kind of a chowder. It had chicken broth, a roux (to thicken it), chicken, carrot, peas, corn, diced onion, sliced new potatoes and seasonings.

img_1066658_0_fc6835cdff4e5414b217daa7d7b49ffa.jpg

img_1066658_1_7f932ed31a9d989b679bb1c705972d6e.jpg

Can anybody play? newbie here.

I made Two Potato Soup. I had 2 potatoes and chopped slices of bacon and some onion. Just right amount. There is some left for lunch tomorrow.

Fred

Hi there!
waving2.gif

Welcome! There are a lot of great peeps on this site. You'll have fun, read great recipes and see some awesome pictures!

Back
Top Bottom