Wednesday's Dinner 7/25

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
we hada really great day in the baking sun at a man-made lake in northwest jersey today. there's a big sand beach, water slides, bumper boats, picnic areas and a beer garden, etc..
then we went to a local restaurant and had an un-remarkable dinner. i should have known something was wrong when they were nearly empty at 6pm during oeak season.

i think the chef was trying to kill us with salt. we shared some very salty crabmeat stuffed mushroom caps, then a french onion soup that tasted like bouillon cubes.

for entrees, my boy had salty broiled flounder, dw had blackened salmon, and i had a blackened ribeye. i think 75% of the blackening spices was salt.

anyway, very good vanilla ice cream, a decent piece of tiramisu, and a lot of ice water helped.

it was sfill a fun day, nonetheless.

This is what we had for supper, with rice and pita bread :LOL: Beer/lemonade shandies to go with that.

attachment.php

taxlady said:
This is what we had for supper, with rice and pita bread :LOL: Beer/lemonade shandies to go with that.

Interesting. I've never seen those!

We had one of our favorites tonight (and one that EVERYONE will eat). Philly cheesesteak over baked potatoes, salad and corn.
And its an easy one too!!

attachment.php

harry is going to be so proud of you!

you know, if it's easy, tastes good, and isn't too often, the food snobs should just shield their self-important eyes.

you know, if it's easy, tastes good, and isn't too often, the food snobs should just shield their self-important eyes.
Easy - 2 minutes in the microwave. Setting the table was more effort. :LOL: They are good, but not great. I like that they are so quick, don't need refrigeration (until opened), and they are made of food with nothing weird added.

Hamburgers on the fire pit, with roasted jalapeños, peach mango salsa (I reckon I ain't never gonna use that jar up), chopped scallions, sliced tomatoes from the garden, fresh corn on the cob, and a few ice cold beers.

Yum, sounds fabulous Hoot :chef:

attachment.php

proud? proud? i am truly humbled tax....in fact i am typing this on bended knee:cool:!!

we hada really great day in the baking sun at a man-made lake in northwest jersey today. there's a big sand beach, water slides, bumper boats, picnic areas and a beer garden, etc..
then we went to a local restaurant and had an un-remarkable dinner. i should have known something was wrong when they were nearly empty at 6pm during oeak season.

i think the chef was trying to kill us with salt. we shared some very salty crabmeat stuffed mushroom caps, then a french onion soup that tasted like bouillon cubes.

for entrees, my boy had salty broiled flounder, dw had blackened salmon, and i had a blackened ribeye. i think 75% of the blackening spices was salt.

anyway, very good vanilla ice cream, a decent piece of tiramisu, and a lot of ice water helped.

it was sfill a fun day, nonetheless.
so the chef "a salted you" then:rolleyes::LOL:!!.just view it as a valid reason to drink more.sounds like you had another great day tho' tom.i'm off to bolas's later this evening for a few days & the weather is set for warm & sunny.it's a beautiful part of the world anytime but when the sun's out........!!
catch up next week.....enjoy:)!!

I did the teppan thing again and my two friends loved it. My wife was already in bed. I kept it simple.....sliced flank steak, chopped onions, and some asparagus. Beer and wine of course.
Then I talked them into looking at the Moon and Saturn.....They thought I was a total geek... :LOL: :LOL:

Last edited:
Much awesomeness as always, Harry! Looks wonderful!

DH gets his choice of leftover tuna casserole or leftover broccoli beer cheese soup.

Wow, that is one beautiful looking meal .. Enjoy!

Looks incredible as usual. Big thumbs up!

Tonight we are having Sloppy Joes, with sweet potato fries and spinach.
thanks all:)!! everyone's din dins sound deeelish too.need to get myself an american food term dictionary,then i'll know what you guy's are eating sometimes.....sloppy joes etc etc.
anyway,as i said to tom i'm off to visit bolas/madge for a few days,do some gardening & enjoy the sunny weather....while it lasts!!....catch up next week chaps.

hey, wait just a minute there, harry,. can't you and msr. bolas rig up some chain home low system and report in now and again?

and btw, tell tom bolas sawyer that gardening isn't fun. it's frustrating, tiring, annoying, and occasionally fulfilling.

let the old boy pick his own weeds.

Last edited:
I did the teppan thing again and my two friends loved it. My wife was already in bed. I kept it simple.....sliced flank steak, chopped onions, and some asparagus. Beer and wine of course.
Then I talked them into looking at the Moon and Saturn.....They thought I was a total geek... :LOL: :LOL:
sounds deelish roadie.geek? never!!where i grew up in north wales it was/still is very rural.clear skies/no street lighting.back in the 60's/70's i had a beautiful broadhurst & clarkson(they were taken over by fullerscopes early 70's) 4 inch refractor on a manual equatorial mount...couldn't afford motorised!.there is nothing more beautiful on a clear night than saturn with his rings on tilt & his moons filling your field of view....my son & i still make trips(not been for a while...hmmm!) to jodrell bank which is only 30 mins drive away.man,when they move that 200' dish...........
don't have the 'scope anymore,sold it to help pay for my first motorbike but i'm going over to visit bolas/madge this evening & it's very rural where they are.can still see the milky way,orions nebula & all seven sisters with the naked eye:cool:!!

Last edited:
hey, wait just a minute there, harry,. can't you and msr. bolas rig up some chain home low system and report in now and again?

and btw, tell tom bolas sawyer that gardening isn't fun. it's frustrating, tiring, annoying, and occasionally fulfilling.

let the old boy pick his own weeds.
sound like anyone we know tom:ermm::ohmy::LOL:!!
see what i can do tom,maybe a couple of coffee can's with string stretched between 'em at a push!
madge does the weeding/planting etc,bolas does the rotavating etc & i do the lawns,planting the veg & diggin' spuds when i'm there.we chain sawed some of the old apple trees in the orchard last year so i'll probably be doing a bit of log splitting ready for winter too......love it

Buon Giorno.

Since the Vet had just arrived back in Madrid after an extensive 3 week business medical trip to Uruguay, Brazil and Argentina, and he is arriving tomorrow early 8am here in Italia, I had gone out yesterday with an Italian lady friend who drove me to the farmer´s markets ... Also have new bathrm reforms and being put in ... So we have to use the small bathrm ... So, we had dined out ... Some fresh squid and a salad ... a Prosecco ... we eat very light at night, as we eat our main meal at 14.30 hrs.

Sempre,
Margaux.

Back
Top Bottom