Wednesday's Dinner 7/25

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Littlechef

Senior Cook
Good morning,

Already ran a bunch of errands and now ready to start laundry and cook.

Dinner tonight will be pulled pork sandwiches with cole slaw on the side.

Enjoy the day :)

Ummm, definitely not cooking tonight. Sugery's not until 1 p.m., but and this is a nice "but," a dear friend and his wife called last night and said they were bringing our meal. So...no worries. Pretty good friends, too, since they live an hour away. They're the best friends anyone could want.

hot & very humid here so skipped lunch & opted for early dinner.spit roast guinea fowl with half a head of garlic & fresh lemon thyme up it's bum,new potato & dill salad,hot cherry peppers & pickled cukes.cold beer.the garlic is from bolas's garden(this years crop so still fresh),the potatoes were fresh out of the bags i plant up at the entrance to my apartment,as was the dill & thyme(they are growing in a pot next to the potato bag).the rest was from tesco:LOL:!!

Attachments

• GUINEA FOWL 001.JPG
    GUINEA FOWL 001.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 194
  • GUINEA FOWL 002.JPG
    GUINEA FOWL 002.JPG
    98 KB · Views: 171
  • GUINEA FOWL 003.JPG
    GUINEA FOWL 003.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 184
  • GUINEA FOWL 004.JPG
    GUINEA FOWL 004.JPG
    78.5 KB · Views: 183
  • GUINEA FOWL 005.JPG
    GUINEA FOWL 005.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 188
  • GUINEA FOWL 006.JPG
    GUINEA FOWL 006.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 180
  • GUINEA FOWL 007.JPG
    GUINEA FOWL 007.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 195
Much awesomeness as always, Harry! Looks wonderful!

DH gets his choice of leftover tuna casserole or leftover broccoli beer cheese soup.

Last edited:
With the heat, and no a/c, we will be heading over to our friends' house again today. She just said they will be grilling burgers, which we will eat slathered with fresh guacamole. :yum::yum::yum::yum: Something with strawberries for dessert. :yum::yum::yum::yum:

I'm making a 3-bean salad. I was thinking tacos, but don't feel like making tortillas today.
What are the 3 beans you use? I love a 4-bean salad with green beans, yellow wax beans, kidney beans, and garbanzo beans (chickpeas). Now I'm in the mood for that! I have everything I need except for the beans and onions. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

What are the 3 beans you use? I love a 4-bean salad with green beans, yellow wax beans, kidney beans, and garbanzo beans (chickpeas). Now I'm in the mood for that! I have everything I need except for the beans and onions. :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:
I had purple bush beans
(they turn green when cooked), green bush beans, dragon tongue wax beans, and pinto beans (I couldn't find any garbanzo beans in the freezer and didn't have time to make any). I added about 3/4 c white quinoa, chopped onion from the garden, garnished with some peanuts, and crumbled boursin cheese. Dressing was 2:1 oil and white wine vinegar (grapeseed + EVOO oil) to which I added about 1T of my friend's homemade curry powder, some chopped HOT pepper (I think it is Scotch Bonnet--I bought the dried peppers in TX), cumin, a pinch of sugar.

Hamburgers on the fire pit, with roasted jalapeños, peach mango salsa (I reckon I ain't never gonna use that jar up), chopped scallions, sliced tomatoes from the garden, fresh corn on the cob, and a few ice cold beers.

:LOL: Yum, now I'm in the mood for 4 bean salad, too. I use the same kinds of beans and just love it on a hot summer day. Must make it soon. :)

CWS, your bean salad sounds really good!

:LOL: Yum, now I'm in the mood for 4 bean salad, too. I use the same kinds of beans and just love it on a hot summer day. Must make it soon. :)

CWS, your bean salad sounds really good!
Thanks--I like a curry-based dressing on bean salad. And, I like to add the quinoa for the added protein...I added the cheese (it was pepper boursin) because I needed to use it up. I decided I didn't want curry + blue cheese. If I'd made a different type of dressing, I probably would have added walnuts and blue cheese. I make green beans and add toasted walnuts and crumbled bleu cheese in the winter...It is an easy way to use up a bunch of beans. One could add leftover grilled chicken to make it into more of a meal...Sometimes I add feta to the bean salad if I'm making a Greek-style dressing for it.

Nibbly night here. I arrived home to find 4 teens in the basement and only an hour to feed everyone. Hot wings, teriyaki wings and dry garlic ribs along with a green salad and a fruit plate filled us all up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom