Wednesday's Dinner is full of woe 7/31/13

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PrincessFiona60

Ogress Supreme
Moderator Emeritus
Make that Whoa!!!

Taco Tuesday went over so well and I still want more Mexican.

Tonight I will let the chef's of Fiesta en Jalisco create our dinner.

We will both have Smothered shredded beef burritos with a chile rellano, beans and rice. I will call before I leave work and pick it up as I drive by!

Last edited by a moderator:
Fried rice. When I bought tea on Monday, I bought a packet of Kikkoman fried rice seasoning, so I'll make a pot of rice this morning and sauce it up tonight and add some leftover cooked chicken. Wouldn't Chinese tea go nicely with that? No fortune cookies on hand, though.

Fried rice. When I bought tea on Monday, I bought a packet of Kikkoman fried rice seasoning, so I'll make a pot of rice this morning and sauce it up tonight and add some leftover cooked chicken. Wouldn't Chinese tea go nicely with that? No fortune cookies on hand, though.

Ever since the episode with the gall bladder giving me the unfortunate chance to see "The Light", I am terrified of Chinese Food since that is what set the whole thing in motion. And I love Chinese food. But I could sit and drink their tea forever.

My daughter used to take me out for a Chinese feast every year for my birthday. She would always order two pots of tea. One for her and one for me. And then a second one for me, and a third...... Until I took my last sip as I was standing up to leave. :angel:

Something with ground beef will be on the menu here. Not sure yet what it will be. I was thinking burritos/tacos but need to see if I have shells in the freezer. If not, the maybe we go Italian with spaghetti or American with meatloaf. We'll see what I feel like fixing after paying bills and cleaning the kitchen!

Lasagna and salad for dinner tonight.
Us too. Not sure how many will be here for dinner, but I'll put together a lasagna and whoever wants some, can have some! I have a big pot of chicken soup simmering too. I thought I'd take advantage of the cool morning to do some prep.

We are still on holiday and I'm not standing on a scale for a while. I hate it when they creak!

Us too. Not sure how many will be here for dinner, but I'll put together a lasagna and whoever wants some, can have some! I have a big pot of chicken soup simmering too. I thought I'd take advantage of the cool morning to do some prep.

We are still on holiday and I'm not standing on a scale for a while. I hate it when they creak!

I get a digital message, "One person at a time, please!"

Eggplant Parm

I went to the garden and picked some 'maters and eggplants. The 'maters are the San Marzano style romas and grown from little itty bitty seeds. We had to buy the eggplant...plant? bush? shrub?

30377-albums903-picture5597.jpg

30377-albums903-picture5598.jpg

This is as far as I have gotten on dinner so far. :yum:

wow Frank, you must have started the tomater seeds Months ago for them to start producing

I have a frig bulging w farmer's market veggies and my own green beans. So i better get busy and make mixed stir fried veggies and a salad. I think no meat today.

Kathleen started the seeds. I think she thought she was late on it, but she did start them in the basement. This is the first of the crop really (other than the Early Girl that she bought).

Kathleen started the seeds. I think she thought she was late on it, but she did start them in the basement. This is the first of the crop really (other than the Early Girl that she bought).

Nice veggies, Frank! Been picking cherry toms for a few weeks, thankfully they're not ripening all at once. The Better Boys still have a long ways to go.

Gotta get at some bok choy that we bought a few days ago. That's all I know right now. Lemme think.......
Curious as to what you decided to do with it. I usually add it to a stir-fry or soup. There are a few recipes on this link that have me curious (the roasted bok choy being one, the two bok choy slaws being the other two):

Healthy Bok Choy Recipes | Eating Well

The bok choy isn't ready, yet. We planted it later this year so as to harvest it in the fall.

Last edited:
Well dinner has changed in our house. The weather heated up so the lasagna is uncooked at the moment. We picked a zucchini, some swiss chard and some lovely yellow beans out of the garden. I can see a scramble dinner coming...lasagna tomorrow.

Curious as to what you decided to do with it. I usually add it to a stir-fry or soup. There are a few recipes on this link that have me curious (the roasted bok choy being one, the two bok choy slaws being the other two):

Healthy Bok Choy Recipes | Eating Well

The bok choy isn't ready, yet. We planted it later this year so as to harvest it in the fall.
Thanks for the link. I just got home after a hard day at the deli. Ordered a pizza. Bok choy tomorrow:yum:

Last night's plans will be tonight's dinner, since I picked up that calzone rather than rage at Himself as soon as I walked in the house last night. ;)

Ginormous 3-quart standard salad (iceberg and romaine, celery, carrots, cukes, radishes and 'maters), grilled pork tenderloin, steamed broccoli, and decided that the starch will be Grands Biscuits from the tube. Was going to make PPO's peach and berry strudel except that Himself has blown thru the peaches and there's only one left. :( One more thing for tomorrow's shopping list.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom