Wednesday's Dinner- June 27th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DebLynn

Senior Cook
I'm making homemade chicken fingers with Cheez-it cracker crumbs instead of breadcrumbs, salad and buttered noodles.

What will you make today?

We'll have something on hamburger buns! The grocery store had them on sale and I bought 2 packages. It will be either burgers or chicken patties. Salads for sure but other than that I don't know. Maybe I'll make some corn pudding.

I'm heading out to the farm this evening (after I put the chickens to bed), so will probably have some Swiss chard, kale, and peas!!! when I get there. (Heading out to harvest peas tomorrow--weather is to be nice and the peas were almost ready when I was there on Monday...so hopefully!!). Beans were flowering, so beans aren't far behind. I had my big meal for breakfast and am still full.

I'm making homemade chicken fingers with Cheez-it cracker crumbs instead of breadcrumbs, salad and buttered noodles.

What will you make today?

Those chicken fingers sound good. Can you give us some more details?:chef:

I have chicken thighs marinating in olive oil and lime juice. Will bake, then serve with salsa, along with cauliflower. Yogurt with blueberries for dessert. :yum:

Last edited:
Something with chicken. I saw a Danish recipe that I liked that used boneless chicken breasts, so I bought some (and some drumsticks on special for me). Then I glanced at the meat at the health food store and a whole, grain fed, air dried, organic chicken was $9.99/kg. The grain fed chicken at the supermarket was $7.99/kg, so I quick bought that organic one.

Now I don't know which should go in the freezer and what I should cook. I had another look at the Danish recipe and it isn't really clear.

Ideas?

Something with chicken. I saw a Danish recipe that I liked that used boneless chicken breasts, so I bought some (and some drumsticks on special for me). Then I glanced at the meat at the health food store and a whole, grain fed, air dried, organic chicken was $9.99/kg. The grain fed chicken at the supermarket was $7.99/kg, so I quick bought that organic one.

Now I don't know which should go in the freezer and what I should cook. I had another look at the Danish recipe and it isn't really clear.

Ideas?
Chicken parmigiano (can be made on stovetop with a heavy covered pan).
Chicken cutlets with a lemon sauce.

We pigged out on Hardee's Mushroom Swiss burgers for lunch (why oh why do I love them so?). It's salads tonight.

Chicken parmigiano (can be made on stovetop with a heavy covered pan).
Chicken cutlets with a lemon sauce.
Thanks Bill. I'm looking for a recipe for chicken parmagiano now. Stirling really likes it, but doesn't like the huge servings he gets in restaurants, so he doesn't order it any more.

Last edited:
Mixed Greens salad gifted from a friend's CSA overflow, sliced tomatoes, and Sliced Cucumber. Ta-da> It's the first cuke froom my garden. It's tooo hot to be hungry.

taxlady said:
Looks good, but no bread crumbs?

Low carb! It's just really good!

Actually, if you look at the reviews, you can do it with panko.

Last edited:
Got some thin sliced chicken breasts, pounded them even thinner, coated them with smooshed goat cheese and herbs, parsley,tarragon,basil,rosemary and sage. Rolled them, then browned in butter and they are finishing in the oven also doing some sliced potatoes in duck fat, peas and mushrooms in butter a green salad with tomatoes,avocado,tin sliced sweet onions and rolls.
kades

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom