Wednesday's Dinner - Nov. 5th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sattie

Washing Up
I'm COOKIN tonight! I have no clue what I am cooking yet... but I'm cooking!!!!! :LOL:

I'm thinking one of Ol Blue's meatloaf recipes, the one that uses the stovetop stuffing. If the burger thaws.

Monday night I cooked several chicken breasts dredged in panko crumbs and crushed french fried onions. I had marinated them first in buttermilk. They were really good but I cooked too many so we have 2 of them left and will finish them off tonight. We'll have parsley potatoes and roasted asparagus as sides. We have one brownie left so I will have that since dh is back to counting every carb.

Ok, I found some pork sirloin chops.... I got that much!!! Hey, will spatzel go with em???

Ok, I found some pork sirloin chops.... I got that much!!! Hey, will spatzel go with em???

Absolutely, that sounds great :) I'd make a pan sauce for the chops to go on the spaetzle - maybe mustard and cider?

I'm going to a forum tonight, so I'll have a pulled pork sandwich with cole slaw here at work before leaving for the forum. I won't have much time in between.

Absolutely, that sounds great :) I'd make a pan sauce for the chops to go on the spaetzle - maybe mustard and cider?

Hey GG... DH is not much on cider flavor, but here is the recipe I thought about trying on the pork chops which I found here:

Pork Chops with Herbs4- 7 ounce boneless Pork Chops
1 teaspoon rosemary
1/2 teaspoon sage
1/2 clove garlic, chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup water
1/2 cup dry white wineMix the rosemary, sage, garlic, salt and pepper. Rub the pork chops with the mixture.

Place the pork chops in a large greased skillet, add the water and cover. Simmer until all the water has evaporated, about forty-five minutes. Remove the cover and brown the pork chops in their own fat.

Add the wine and cook about one minute, turning the pork chops occasionally. The wine should be almost evaporated before serving.
Serves 4.

You think that recipe might work with the spatzel?

Famous last words....
Chicken wild rice soup.
I promise!

Grilled 4 Cheese Sandwiches and a big salad.
Quick n easy cuz it's Ghost Hunters night, LOL!

I'm COOKIN tonight! I have no clue what I am cooking yet... but I'm cooking!!!!! :LOL:

Guess what Sattie, I am coming near the end of my manic cooking blitz and we are having chili tonight.

Aren't you proud of me that I actually made a decision?:ROFLMAO::angel:

We had pan seared pok chops finished in the oven, wedges, carrots, brocolli, cauliflower and a tomato, onion & mushroom sauce.

Guess what Sattie, I am coming near the end of my manic cooking blitz and we are having chili tonight.

Aren't you proud of me that I actually made a decision?:ROFLMAO::angel:

Girl... I have been there and done that... cook so much stuff one time I ran out of room in the fridge to store it. But I AM proud of you Miss Laurie!!! Chili sounds great!!!

Hey GG... DH is not much on cider flavor, but here is the recipe I thought about trying on the pork chops which I found here:

Pork Chops with Herbs4- 7 ounce boneless Pork Chops
1 teaspoon rosemary
1/2 teaspoon sage
1/2 clove garlic, chopped
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cup water
1/2 cup dry white wineMix the rosemary, sage, garlic, salt and pepper. Rub the pork chops with the mixture.

Place the pork chops in a large greased skillet, add the water and cover. Simmer until all the water has evaporated, about forty-five minutes. Remove the cover and brown the pork chops in their own fat.

Add the wine and cook about one minute, turning the pork chops occasionally. The wine should be almost evaporated before serving.
Serves 4.

You think that recipe might work with the spatzel?

The flavors sound good, but the sauce will be pretty thin. If you like it like that, great :) I like pan sauces to be a little thicker, so they coat the rice or pasta more, and I like to brown the meat first in order to get the flavorful fond from browning into the sauce.

So I would brown the rubbed chops in olive oil, then add water, scrape the pan to deglaze, and simmer *uncovered* (if you cover them, the water won't evaporate out). Then remove the chops to a warm plate, add wine, simmer, and finish with mustard (if you want) and butter or cream to thicken a little. HTH.

I guess I'm making chili, too. We have all the fixins and anything that'll keep me outta the store after work is what I'm willing to make!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom