Wednesday's Dinner Oct 29 2014

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Musgo night!

The last cup of lentil soup, a stuffed pepper and cucumber salad.

My lentil soup did not impress me, it tasted a tad bit too healthy for my tastes! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I don't know what we're having yet. I'm in that nether region between cooking in and eating out. At the moment I'm sort of leaning in the eating out direction. :rolleyes:

Diner food night. With a twist. Good ol' Club Sandwiches with potato wedges roasted in duck fat...
l4XzcDg.jpg

That's beautiful Rock!

I'm putting together a Mexican casserole made with CORN pene pasta I found at Trader Joe's. It just sounded right, and a little different from corn tortillas.

Anyway Steve keeps us stocked up with canned goods in the pantry garage, so the hamburger, onion, bell pepper will be happy with cans of:
Rotel tomatoes
sliced olives
salsa verde
black beans
cream of mush. soup

Seasoning all with cumin and Mexican oregano and mandatory grated cheese on top....

That's beautiful Rock!

I'm putting together a Mexican casserole made with CORN pene pasta I found at Trader Joe's. It just sounded right, and a little different from corn tortillas.

Anyway Steve keeps us stocked up with canned goods in the pantry garage, so the hamburger, onion, bell pepper will be happy with cans of:
Rotel tomatoes
sliced olives
salsa verde
black beans
cream of mush. soup

Seasoning all with cumin and Mexican oregano and mandatory grated cheese on top....

:chef: Fresh cilantro makes everything better!
img_1395705_0_d011e2e31ac788ef1a4b026611b439fe.jpg

Last edited:
Nice looking grub, Rock and Kayelle! And I agree about cilantro. :yum:

Sub parsley for the cilantro and I'm in - that dish looks tasty Kayelle. But when I eat cilantro my taste buds say "soap". :ermm:

Your club sandwich looks great PPO. Could be dinner sometime soon at Chez Goddess.

I had laid in leftovers so that I could work in the yard in peace. Didn't figure my arthritic ankles would sabotage me. We still ate leftovers. Himself finished the sausage and peppers, and I had a hot dog and potato salad. On to fresh food tomorrow.

Individual beef pot pies using leftover beef stew from last week that we froze. And, since there was a good bit of leftover pastry dough, Craig decided we needed to make some mini pies so he looked thru the fridge and found some leftover ricotta and asked if we could make a ricotta chocolate pie. Looked thru several recipes and I came up with an amalgamation of them to fit what was in fridge and panty. He said the pie was really good. I didn't try any last night, too full from dinner. They do look really good though, kind of a cross between a baked pudding and a very soft brownie.

Rock, your club sandwiches look amazing, and Kayelle, I would love to dig into your Mexican pasta casserole! I'm a cilantro fan, too. :)

Back
Top Bottom