Wednesday's dinner plans, June 13, 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
What are yours? Mine are as follows.......
1. Fish, probably salmon, but have to see what's at the market in 3 minutes from now, after I finish this, I'm going.
2. Jamie Olivers au gratin potatoes
3. Yellow summer squash with toasted seseme seeds/sunflower seeds/pistachios
4. Spring salad with fresh greens, Myer lemon viniagarette, and baby sweet 100 tomatos
5. Iced tea for me, J. Lohrs for the man of my dreams
6. Breaking down and making my doll his favo Scottish Shortbread, that he can have long after I'm gone.

So, what's on your menu?

Yesterday I made some homemade pizza dough and homemade pizza sauce.
So tonight I"m going to cook up a couple basic cheese and pepperoni pizza's.

I found a couple of really nice thick ribeyes at the store yesterday and the price was right so I swooped them up. So tonight it'll be.......

Spring Blend Salad with a Warm Vinegrette
Ribeyes with a Portabello Mushroom Wine Sauce
**This is my take on a recipe at one of my favorite resturants (now closed)**
Baked Potatoes with Butter/Sour Cream/Fresh Chives from my garden
Grilled Asparagus

legend_018 said:
Yesterday I made some homemade pizza dough and homemade pizza sauce.
So tonight I"m going to cook up a couple basic cheese and pepperoni pizza's.

Care to share your recipe/technique. I was just thinking about this the other day and thought I'd like to try one on the grill.

Barb L. said:
My thread must have been pushed back - I started one at 8:13 am !

I didn't see one started Barb, that's why I did. :huh: Sorry if it goofed you up:( Where's yours? Usually, when that's happened to me in the past, they've added mine to the original. Happy day to you..........;)

Boy, lefse, I'd love to be eating at your house tonight--everything sounds wonderful!:)

We're in salad mode for some reason this week. Tonight it's buffalo chicken salads. Cantaloupe and vanilla ice cream for dessert.

Tonight it will most likely be paprika veggie stew with egg noodles (i'm adapting it from a chicken stew) and some sort of salad, be it a tomatoe or lettuce.'
Don't ask me why I'm making a stew when it's 27 or so degrees:rolleyes:

SurvivorGirl said:
Don't ask me why I'm making a stew when it's 27 or so degrees:rolleyes:

because it raises the bodies Internal temperature, and by the action of relativity, makes the Ambient air feel cooler ;)

that`s the story I`de use, your Bill is in the post.

PA Baker said:
Boy, lefse, I'd love to be eating at your house tonight--everything sounds wonderful!:)

We're in salad mode for some reason this week. Tonight it's buffalo chicken salads. Cantaloupe and vanilla ice cream for dessert.​

well thank you my friend, you are welcome to join in, there is always more than enough. I'll be in your neck of the woods this weekend, must get to 9th street to that cute little store that sells spices in bulk, as I need to get the ingreds for Chinese 5 spice as well as some others. Can not wait!:clap:

LEFSElover said:
[/font]

I'll be in your neck of the woods this weekend, must get to 9th street to that cute little store that sells spices in bulk, as I need to get the ingreds for Chinese 5 spice as well as some others. Can not wait!:clap: [/center]

Happy shopping! One of these trips, we'll connect!:)

YT2095 said:
because it raises the bodies Internal temperature, and by the action of relativity, makes the Ambient air feel cooler ;)

that`s the story I`de use, your Bill is in the post.

I always heard that eating spicy food when it's hot out makes you sweat, thereby cooling you down. If you think about it, every culture in the tropics eats hot spicy food, probably for this reason, or the one you mentioned.

I have no idea what's for dinner. I'm thinking something Mexican, but that's because I'm busy absorbing recipes from a new Mexican cookbook I got last week.

AllenOK said:
I always heard that eating spicy food when it's hot out makes you sweat, thereby cooling you down. If you think about it, every culture in the tropics eats hot spicy food, probably for this reason, or the one you mentioned.

exactly the same thing and reason :)

I'm one of those people who goes to the grocery store every day to pick up what I want for dinner. It's only because the store is directly accross the street from my flat. Well it's been closed for repairs so I have a little leftover tikka chicken that I'm going to shread on top of mixed lettuce and top with tomato, onion, and cucumber relish drizzled on top.

It's time for my Wednesday night dinner group and we're going to a restaurant called Guadalajara for Mexican. I see a margarita and chicken fajitas in my future.

Vegetable lasagna made with spinach, asparagus, red pepper, and green and yellow squash. I may throw in some shredded chicken that I prepared yesterday.

LEFSElover, one word, yum! I'll share a glass of what the love of your life is having too!

Tonight we are going to a mexican food restaurant - probably chicken fajita salad for me. Of course, a giant-sized swirl with chips and salsa, too.

Back
Top Bottom