"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
Old 07-16-2014, 01:21 PM   #1
Certified Cake Maniac
Wednesday's Meal is full of ?? July 16/14

I figure I will start this as we will be having our main meal in about an hour as TB is still on afternoons.

It is still really hot here so salads are on the menu again. Today it will be a bed of red leaf lettuce, romaine from our garden and arugula. This will be topped with cuc's, tomato, red onion, avocado, pumpkin seeds and grilled prawns (for TB). I will have some chicken in mine and might add some to TB's too if he wants. On the side will be "buttered" fresh gluten free potato flax bread that is more like regular french bread.

"Variety is not just the spice of life, it is the key to life" - Chef Michael Smith

LPBeier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:27 PM   #2
Sous Chef
Wednesday's meal will be full of pasta Florentine from the pressure cooker. I can cook the pasta right in with the sauce so no standing over a boiling pot of water. I need to pick up some garlic bread fixiings. And....drum roll.......a salad.

mmyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 01:44 PM   #3
Executive Chef
pizza's today

Already took the pepperoni, onion, mozz cheese one out of the oven. Later will bake off the ham, pepperoni, green pepper, onion, ricotta and mozz cheese

will also put together a spinach salad with raspberry vinaigrette dressing

and am really fighting making another pound cake
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. Margaret Mead
bethzaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 03:04 PM   #4
Certified Pretend Chef
Leftover roast chicken and fixins for us. I may do a quesadilla and SO will probably have the L/O pilaf.
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." -Carl Sagan
Andy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:23 PM   #5
Master Chef
I went to Trader Joe's today and they were handing out samples of a delicious Mexican casserole, along with the really simple recipe made with their products. That's what we're having for dinner. We have to have a green salad too.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but rather by the moments that take our breath away.

Kayelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 04:44 PM   #6
Head Chef
Wednesday's meal was full of...compromise. Hot day so cooking seemed undesirable.

Got some reduced smoked salmon at the supermarket so bought a grain baguette, cucumber, fennels and lemon.

At home I made egg mayo (fairly hard boiled egg grated into mayo) to spread on cooled, recrusted baguette (i.e. grilled on low heat to get it crusty and left to cool). Added
the smoked salmon with cucumber slices.

Made a fennel salad (with some celery and marina tomato I had - the flavour variety). Ate a hass avocado first then the baguette and salad. Perfect!
"All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt" (Charles M. Shulz)
creative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 05:53 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire
Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I'm making frikadeller (Danish, fried meatballs) and will serve them with potatoes and a salad.
May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
Robert A. Heinlein
taxlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:45 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
Wednesday's meal was full of corn and cherries, and they were delicious!
She who dies with the most toys, wins.
Dawgluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 06:54 PM   #9
Chef Extraordinaire
Site Moderator
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Easy meal for us tonight. Steamed baby asparagus with a touch of butter, cucumber salad, quartered fresh tomatoes, grilled steak, iced tea and the last of the blueberry pie.
"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 08:50 PM   #10
Master Chef
Kayelle, will you share the info for the TJ's Mexican casserole, please? I love that they frequently hand out samples and recipes. Hoping to get down to TJ's within the next couple of weeks.

I had a cheese enchilada and a salad. I almost called ahead to my fave little Mexican restaurant to place an order, but remembered I had some leftover enchilada sauce in the freezer from the last batch, plus all the other fixin's, so I just made it instead.

Grandchildren fill the space in your heart you never knew was empty.
Cheryl J is offline   Reply With Quote