Weekend, any special meal plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This evening will be jus sandwhiches cause we going to mass @ 5pm so I try to keep it simple. Maybe tht why they like the big breakfast I make Saturday mornings.

While rummaging around in my freezer last night I found a container I couldn't remember putting in there. I thawed it out and it turned out to be leftover Peperonata di Patate, so that will be my supper tonight with garlic sourdough and a 2009 Duca di Cardina Chianti

Sunday brunch will be Huevos Rancheros Suprema, Mexican rice, and Mimosas made with Martini & Rossi Asti Spumante.

Sunday Dinner will be a Ready-Pac salad, leftover El Pollo Chilindrón, Spanish Rice, and a 2007 Vega Moragona Vinas Viejas Tempranillo

Last edited:
Was this like a catch-all dinner thread encompassing the whole weekend?
You guys are giving me no inspiration. I have no idea what I'm going to have for dinner. I wanted turkey burgers, but the store was out of ground turkey, so I left with a bag of asparagus and no ideas :(
I'm getting hungry here...

Another piece of ocean fresh swordfish destined for the grill tonight. There will be some corn on the cob nestled along side.

No clue about tomorrow.

hmmm, fish...
I have some fish. Fish thaws quickly. Fish might be nice.

Our supermarket has had swordfish on sale for two weekends so we're taking advantage of it. Swordfish on the grill is a treat for me.

If you like the taste of fish, it's delicious. I just salt and pepper it, coat it with mayonnaise and grill it.

My 9 year old grandson is here for the weekend so we had his favorite meal. Mashed potatoes, pork chops, gravy and green beans. He ate so much he didn't have room for dessert. All during the meal he kept saying, thanks grandma for cooking this for me.

Mayo? That's a new one, to me. Thanks for the grilling tip, Andy.
I might take a drive tomorrow to one of the better grocery stores and look for some.

My 9 year old grandson is here for the weekend so we had his favorite meal. Mashed potatoes, pork chops, gravy and green beans. He ate so much he didn't have room for dessert. All during the meal he kept saying, thanks grandma for cooking this for me.

That makes you feel good, doesn't it!!

My 4 YO grandson loves my pasta with tomato sauce. He just shovels it in saying, "This is sooo good, this is sooo good!". There is no higher praise.

Morel Mushroom and Asparagus Risotto with Pan Grilled Copper River Sockeye Salmon. Strawberry and Rhubarb Crisp for dessert.

I made a nice sirloin steak on the new grill as the first dinner (sorry no pics but it was goooood).

I also learned that this grill gets HOT! I preheated it for 30 minutes with all 4 burners on High to burn off the oils and stuff and when I opened the lid the heat that came out singed the hair on my arm. :ohmy:

I made a nice sirloin steak on the new grill as the first dinner (sorry no pics but it was goooood).

I also learned that this grill gets HOT! I preheated it for 30 minutes with all 4 burners on High to burn off the oils and stuff and when I opened the lid the heat that came out singed the hair on my arm. :ohmy:

I could have told you not to do that :LOL:
Amazing the heat four burners can generate. That will be a learning curve. I don't cook anything on four burners on high. It seems to be double the heat of a three burner.

Tonight I am on my own - well, just me and the Vancouver Canucks. Hopefully they are having the Bruins for dinner (my apologies to GB, Andy M and any other New Englander and/or Boston fan). I have no clue as I said in the dinner thread.

Tomorrow DH and I are taking the Dogs up to see Dad at his rehab centre and are hoping to take him outside for a picnic dinner if he is up to it. I have to plan a meal that is gluten/lactose/soy free for DH and diabetes safe and easily pureed for Dad! Good practice for the summer picnic challenge, eh Dave? :mrgreen:

AmandaN80 said:
I dont think so. Might do pulled pork tonight in the crock pot tho. Or Spicy chicken, not sure yet :)

The spicy chicken is super spicy though and my kids cant/wont eat it lol I cried eating it last time b/c it was so hot! But GOOD!

I want to bake some brownies, but cant until the maintance man comes and puts a new heating element in the oven

Amanda could I possibly have the recipe for your spicy chicken? DH loves spicy foods. He always tells me it's not spicy enough! Normally when I can barely eat it to begin with. So this would be perfect for him.

Amanda could I possibly have the recipe for your spicy chicken? DH loves spicy foods. He always tells me it's not spicy enough! Normally when I can barely eat it to begin with. So this would be perfect for him.

GW had a hot sauce called, "Liquid Stupid." Make the meal your way and hand a bottle of that to him to season his own dish.:angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom