"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu
View Poll Results: What is Your Weight Status?
Both you and your doctor agree you are overweight 45 49.45%
Your doctor says you are overweight but you think you're fine. 0 0%
You're underweight 7 7.69%
You and your doctor agree your weight is just right 26 28.57%
Other 13 14.29%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-01-2008, 04:03 PM   #11
Sous Chef
I've been considered "underweight" for my entire life. I've never had an "eating disorder", but I've just always been picky eater, and never cared to eat.. At least until a year ago when I got married and started cooking! Now I LOVE to eat, and have actualy gained about 10 lbs. Although i'm STILL considered "underweight", I'm only about 5 lbs away from being normal!!

DietitianInTraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:12 PM   #12
Senior Cook
Location: NJ for the moment, heading south next spring to be with my family.
I've got a tiny little beer gut, but nobody ever notices it, so no biggie. My height is what saves me. Being six foot six helps. I hide it well. I'm right in my BMI range and weight range, but I'd rather redistribute it a bit

Cookies = Love
SixSix210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:36 PM   #13
Master Chef
Site Moderator
I admit it, I'm overweight, and I am working on it. I have lost weight by cooking and not eating take-away or fast-food. Just not as much as my Dr would like, I have have a problem with portion size :-). Like A.M. said, we foodies love to eat!!
DaveSoMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:51 PM   #14
Head Chef
Been overweight on and off for a long time. Now keeping it off. Down to around 10-12% body fat. BMI 22.5 (middle of 'normal').
Dogs have owners ~ Cats have staff.
The Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 05:00 PM   #15
Executive Chef
My BMI is normal. I think my weight is fine, I've always hovered around 130lbs. Not sure what my doctor would say, but so far she has not mentioned it, and even if she did, I would still say my weight is just fine for me. My height is 5'3, so that may be considered overweight by perfect standards, but I look fine to me.
amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 05:12 PM   #16
Master Chef
My weight is just right I believe but could stand to lose about 5 to 8 lbs. But for the most part I am in shape and in my target weight range. I try to offset my foodie splurges with exercise to help compensate for the extra calories.
sattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 12:05 AM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire
i'm overweight, but it's by choice. my tastebuds and belly's choice.

i'm 6 feet tall, around 220lbs., but the standard charts say i should be 185. in who's freakin' starvation world would that be?

i doubt i could heathfully get below 200. i should drop those 20, though.
i'm a fairly dense person (no comments from the peanut gallery, please ). my wife describes my body type as a linebacker or ice hockey center. not too tall and lanky, not short and wide either, but evenly thick. (again, no comments ).

my son is much the same way. when people go to pick him up, they're shocked at his weight to body size ratio. he feels like he's made of lead.
in nomine patri, et fili, et spiritus sancti.
beidh ar la linn.
wisdom is often in short supply within ones' ego.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 01:40 AM   #18
Sous Chef
I could probably stand to loose the 10-15 pounds I put on quitting smoking... several attempts... about 6 months good this time .... I cant diet though it makes me ANGRY especially without the nic. I do need to get back on the gym routine I feel much better when I do. but I havent been good about it in the last year with the move and the renovation and everything being in upheaval..... I have a fairly solid build so I was never skinny but to be more fit again would be nice.

I dont really feel bad about eating though especially since I usually try to eat healtfully The beer and wine is empty calories I could use to cut back on though.
PanchoHambre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 02:24 AM   #19
Traveling Welcome Wagon
For a 10' 5" woman, I'm just the right weight. Problem is, I am 5' 2".

Barbara L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 04:40 AM   #20
Executive Chef
I'm 5'8" and 138lbs. I've lost 14lbs in the last 6 months and am very happy I can fit back into old favorite jeans! I exercise 5 days a week and pay very close attention to what I eat. I hate the feeling I had when I didn't fit into my clothes because I was pudgy. I also love the feeling I have during/after exercising, it improves my mood big time!

Oh but how my sweet tooth and I argue often! My weakness is home baked goods!

Accentuate the positives, medicate the negatives ~ Amy Sedaris
redkitty is offline   Reply With Quote