Weight, Overweight, Underweight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is Your Weight Status?

• Both you and your doctor agree you are overweight

Votes: 45 50.0%
  • Your doctor says you are overweight but you think you're fine.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You're underweight

Votes: 7 7.8%
  • You and your doctor agree your weight is just right

Votes: 25 27.8%
  • Other

Votes: 13 14.4%

• Total voters
:) 5' 6" and I need to lose at least 50# maybe moreI have been walking 5-6 days a week just over a mile going back is a really steep hill for the last 4 weeks. I'm at a 7500 ft elevation will add more walking soon. Once I get up to 5 miles I will really start to burn calories. I refuse to get on a scale I go by how my clothes fit. So far I can see my face getting thinner and my middle getting smaller. I also feel like all the visceral fat has just about gone from my insides I tend to put it all on my stomach. I can bend over with no fighting the gut not to worry there is still a good amount there. I went to town today and noticed a big difference on the way the seatbelt fit. If I can get to 145# I'm happy as I also can carry a good bit of weight and not look it because I get quite a bit of muscle but not muscle bound which is why I look thinner than I really weigh.. Feeling better every day I have alot more energy as well. Dieting has never ever worked for me but getting out there and moving works like a charm. Right now I am walking with my Bulgarian friend in her early 20s neighbor who just had a baby about 2 months ago she only has to lose 5# total baby fat don't feel to sorry for her I wish that was my problem:LOL::LOL:. Geez I wish I had it that hard.:) She stays on top of her weight. She was the one that got me started because she was worried that if the baby started to cry in her stroller it might attract a mountain lion or a bear. (We live in the mountains) So I am her body guard just in case.:)

Last edited:
For a 10' 5" woman, I'm just the right weight. Problem is, I am 5' 2". :LOL:

:)Barbara
:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

I'm the right size, I think - 5'4", 113.
I've always loved to eat, but have been much more sensible, the older I get (don't we all?!)
I eat tons of fresh fruits/vegs/nuts/seeds & lean meats. Learning to eat fish has been hard, but I do my best. I also can't eat processed stuff anymore - so that's been a blessing in disguise.

My weight is up and down. I can stand to lose a lot of pounds. My problem? Not enough water and exercise.

Mine is too much food and not enough excersise:angel:
I will admit that I have let it go far too long now. I have 3 days a week now to get mor excersise. I just need to figure out what to eat. I HATE looking at calories and such. I never get it right. Now, I can follow a plan that was already made for so many calorie per day diets. That is what I need to do. BTW, 5'3" and 198:pig:

i had a great diet I followed in 2004 and lost 53 pounds. Then I got hurt and gained 25 back.

can you share?? you can pm me and i will give you my email or if you can tell me a website
aug08_009.gif

ss... i have been off line for my b-day and last night DH and i had a romantic night. Here is what I followed:

nutrigrain bar or packet of oatmeal with a cup of tea for breakfast
piece of fresh fruit for snack
salad with small amount of dressing and grilled chicken OR steamed veggies with chicken
1/2 cup peanuts or banana for afternoon snack
grilled fish or can tuna (drained with mustard) with steamed veggies

NO pasta, NO fast food (even salad and diet foods), NO fried food, no chinese food unless steamed veggies with brown rice, no pork (it's the salt), no mayo, no rice after 2pm, no carbs after 6pm, no fruit juice,

drink 8-10 glasses of water a day
watch your salt intake
exercise 30 minutes a day...even a brisk walk will work, but cleaning house, etc. does not count as exercise

it's all about moderation. It used to be about Location. Remember, location, location, location?

Now, it's moderation, moderation, moderation. Get it all, just in the right amounts.

I'm serious. Moderation. The next time you sit down with a plate full of anything you know is way more than you really need, think moderation.

i did that. never lost weight. actually gained. when i did the diet i posted i lost 50lbs in 3 months. i maintained it for almost 2 years and then i got hurt and was basically bed ridden for 3 months....that's when i gained most of it back.

There's no way that cutting out entire food groups will work for me. (especially BREAD!!!)
I'd prefer to walk a little longer or a few more min on the elliptical.
I like Vera's approach!

eat when you're hungry. actually hungry, not bored or angry.
then as soon as you're satiated, put your fork out of sight.

all great ideas...the diet was a moderated version of what a body builder was using to get trim for competition. He worked for me and gave me the diet. It worked for my. I had tried Atkins and The Grapefruit diet, even tried weight watchers...nothing every worked besides this for me. But then again, if you listen to the nutrition experts, everyone's body is different so what works for me might not work for someone else.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom