Weird Meals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yesterday I had a bowl of black eyed peas w/butter, a bowl of mandarin oranges and a glass of milk for dinner.

Another meal I like is cottage cheese on toasted buttered English muffins and crumbled feta cheese on fresh sliced tomatoes, or cucumbers.

or

Baloney sandwich with mayo and lays potato chips in the sandwich not on the side, and some fruit.

or

Mushrooms and onions sauteed in butter, and a couple slices of cheese.

Well this may not be weird enough for this group, but I like to heat to boiling a can of yellow hominy and add a glob of butter and about 2/3 of a cup of evaporated milk and let it simmer a bit until the milk sort of thickens, then add salt and lots of black pepper. Yummmm ;). I have been known, when home alone to eat this for dinner or a can of butter beans with butter, salt and pepper. ;) that works too!

Well this may not be weird enough for this group, but I like to heat to boiling a can of yellow hominy and add a glob of butter and about 2/3 of a cup of evaporated milk and let it simmer a bit until the milk sort of thickens, then add salt and lots of black pepper. Yummmm ;). I have been known, when home alone to eat this for dinner or a can of butter beans with butter, salt and pepper. ;) that works too!

I've done the butter beans only I don't add salt, just unsalted butter and pepper.

I do that with canned samp (almost the same as hominy)
You should try adding a blob of sour cream and grated cheddar cheese on top. :yum:

My youngest one hates tomato "anything." Ketchup, pasta sauce, sliced tomatoes in a salad, etc. Will eat a BL sandwich. No tomato. :angel:

wow, i'm the exact opposite. i could at just about anything covered in either tomato sauce or ketchup.

I would eat beets every day if somebody would prepare them for me. Too much work and mess.

+1!

have you ever had grated beets, nice, hot horseradish, and chunks of farmer's cheese mixed together, rock?

ok, i guess that's one of my weird easter combos.

I don't care for hominy, but I Love butter beans and have had a can (also w/ butter, salt, and pepper) for lunch or dinner. I also do this with black eyed peas, and black beans. Yum!

Can't say as I ever have....:LOL:
I haven't tried that combo, either, BuckyTom, but have it on my list. Rock--if you leave 1-inch of the top on and the "tail" the beets don't bleed and are easy to slip once cooked. I love beets...juiced two this morning. If I had to pick a root veggie that is my favorite, it would be beets. The golden beets don't bleed, but are usually more expensive (and I seem to have so-so luck growing them).

Cottage cheese and strawberry jam, that's yummy! Especially with big chunks of strawberries in the jam.

My nephew had a weird meal. He always had to have canned corn with his hot dogs and he would layer the corn on his dog like relish. Now that he's grown up, not sure if he still does that or not. Grandma would buy the small cans just for him to put on his hot dogs.

One of my favorite lunches in the summer was pork and beans straight from the can. It was special since we ate it in the field with bologna sandwiches and iced tea from the thermos with my Grandpa when he took a break from working the farm. I'd get to ride on the tractor or combine afterwards for a while too. Wonderful memories. I occasionally still open a can just to "go back there" in my mind.

I love beets in most forms, but never make them for myself. My favorite chocolate cake is made with canned beets. I've never made it for myself, but my eldest made it for my birthday this year. She gagged opening the can. Now that's love. :LOL:

Anyone ever scoop peanut butter with kosher dill pickles?

Cottage cheese and strawberry jam, that's yummy! Especially with big chunks of strawberries in the jam.

My nephew had a weird meal. He always had to have canned corn with his hot dogs and he would layer the corn on his dog like relish. Now that he's grown up, not sure if he still does that or not. Grandma would buy the small cans just for him to put on his hot dogs.

One of my favorite lunches in the summer was pork and beans straight from the can. It was special since we ate it in the field with bologna sandwiches and iced tea from the thermos with my Grandpa when he took a break from working the farm. I'd get to ride on the tractor or combine afterwards for a while too. Wonderful memories. I occasionally still open a can just to "go back there" in my mind.

I love chunky cottage cheese with youngberry jam (chunky) on pumpernickel bread or rice cakes :yum:

i discovered this one recently. i like seafood with pizza (we often order mussels marinara or fra diavolo as an appy when ordering pizza), but since i was out of red pepper flakes, i crumbled spicy kimchi flavour dried seaweed (korean roasted laver) on my pizza. deeelicious, and hot!

i discovered this one recently. i like seafood with pizza (we often order mussels marinara or fra diavolo as an appy when ordering pizza), but since i was out of red pepper flakes, i crumbled spicy kimchi flavour dried seaweed (korean roasted laver) on my pizza. deeelicious, and hot!

I love seafood on pizza :yum:
My new favourite is tomato, mozzarella, spinach, asparagus, pineapple and shrimp with tabasco. Sounds whacky but it's fab!

I hate tomatoes, beets and sauerkraut. Never been able to eat tomatoes but I can eat Ketchup all the time and loved it as a kid. And I've always ate veggie soup with tomatoes and the tomatoes never bothered me.

One of my all time crazy thing to do is take my mash potatoes and mix kernel corn in with it or baked beans. DH thinks that's weird.

Sorry not liking cauliflower, mashed tater, or beets can only lead to banishment. ;)

BTW. I don't like Tomatoes unless they are in a sauce. Don't try to put one on my sandwich or in my salad. :)

One of my brothers hated tomatoes but loved ketsup. He even put the stuff on peanut butter and banana sandwiches.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom