Weird Meals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Chief, I think you just didn't get your protein to the proper temperature. :LOL:

I suggest you try it again and fill us in on the results. ;)

Sandwich Spread is similar to 1,000 Island Dressing, just thicker. Dad did not buy mayo or MW, we grew up with Sandwich Spread.

Sandwich Spread is similar to 1,000 Island Dressing, just thicker. Dad did not buy mayo or MW, we grew up with Sandwich Spread.

Yep, I remember it too. Haven't seen or looked for it for years, but as I recall, I liked it.

My grandparents always had it in the house and sometimes my folks did too. It was a must on a pimento loaf sandwich :). I think it was Best Foods/Hellman's or Nalley's. I have bought it myself within the last 10 years. Certainly does take one back.......

i googled it since no one seemed to want to, amd found the funniest example being of someone who said their parents ground bologna into sandwich spread.

isn't that like making goo into something a little goo-ier?

not that i'm against goo, or bologna, or what have you.

jus' sayin'.

sounds like deviled ham and added goo in the long run.

i could be wrong, though. goo comes in many forms.

Last edited:

Attachments

• 021000772681.jpg
    021000772681.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Snip, what is sandwich spread? Here, it could be just about anything that is spreadable.

Looks like you've been answered already. Sorry, missed your post.

It's a tangy thick mayo based spread with finely chopped bits of veggies in it. Things like carrots, onions, peppers and pickles etc.
We have more than one flavour in SA.

C%26BSandwichSpred.jpg

I make a homemade version with peppadews too :)

Last edited:
Snip, I don't think the ones we can get here in the US have the extra veggies, just pickle and maybe pimento. But I noticed when I "googled" that the UK also has the veggie one.

Oh and PF and Dawg, the brand my grandma served, may well have been Kraft too......

Snip, I don't think the ones we can get here in the US have the extra veggies, just pickle and maybe pimento. But I noticed when I "googled" that the UK also has the veggie one.

Oh and PF and Dawg, the brand my grandma served, may well have been Kraft too......

We have Kraft brand too :)
Sandwich spread is easy to make, this is one of my variations...

Homemade sandwich spread

1 cup of hellmans mayonnaise
1/4 cup of yellow mustard
1 large dill pickle (finely chopped)
1 small carrot (finely chopped)
1 shallot finely chopped
2 tbsps of finely chopped sweet pickled peppadews or sweet pickled peppers
Tabasco sauce to taste
Mix well and refridgerate till needed.

Last edited:
that sounds good. sort of mayo and relish together.

i'll brt it would go well on one of my favourite sandwiches that some people condier a little weird: thinly sliced boiled ham, iceberg lettuce, mayo, and doritos on soft white bread.

Last edited:

i'll brt it would go well on one of my favourite sandwiches that some people condier a little weird: thinly sliced boiled ham, iceberg lettuce, mayo, and doritos on soft white bread.

:LOL:
It would! I eat sandwich spread with lettuce, ham and and Lay's crisps on soft bread sandwiches often :yum:

The bread must be soft and the lettuce crisp!

To me it is more like a glorified tartar sauce. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom