"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 03-05-2013, 02:09 AM   #61
Executive Chef

I would eat beets every day if somebody would prepare them for me. Too much work and mess.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #62
Senior Cook

Yesterday I had a bowl of black eyed peas w/butter, a bowl of mandarin oranges and a glass of milk for dinner.

Another meal I like is cottage cheese on toasted buttered English muffins and crumbled feta cheese on fresh sliced tomatoes, or cucumbers.

or

Baloney sandwich with mayo and lays potato chips in the sandwich not on the side, and some fruit.

or

Mushrooms and onions sauteed in butter, and a couple slices of cheese.

Old 03-05-2013, 11:48 PM   #63
Executive Chef

Well this may not be weird enough for this group, but I like to heat to boiling a can of yellow hominy and add a glob of butter and about 2/3 of a cup of evaporated milk and let it simmer a bit until the milk sort of thickens, then add salt and lots of black pepper. Yummmm ;). I have been known, when home alone to eat this for dinner or a can of butter beans with butter, salt and pepper. ;) that works too!
Old 03-05-2013, 11:51 PM   #64
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebunny View Post
Well this may not be weird enough for this group, but I like to heat to boiling a can of yellow hominy and add a glob of butter and about 2/3 of a cup of evaporated milk and let it simmer a bit until the milk sort of thickens, then add salt and lots of black pepper. Yummmm ;). I have been known, when home alone to eat this for dinner or a can of butter beans with butter, salt and pepper. ;) that works too!
I've done the butter beans only I don't add salt, just unsalted butter and pepper.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:32 AM   #65
Master Chef

Quote:
I do that with canned samp (almost the same as hominy)
You should try adding a blob of sour cream and grated cheddar cheese on top.

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:40 AM   #66
Master Chef

I had a bowl of warmed sauerkraut with grated cheddar and cracked black pepper for dinner last night. Wasn't in the mood for meat.

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:46 AM   #67
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
My youngest one hates tomato "anything." Ketchup, pasta sauce, sliced tomatoes in a salad, etc. Will eat a BL sandwich. No tomato.
wow, i'm the exact opposite. i could at just about anything covered in either tomato sauce or ketchup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
I would eat beets every day if somebody would prepare them for me. Too much work and mess.
+1!

have you ever had grated beets, nice, hot horseradish, and chunks of farmer's cheese mixed together, rock?

ok, i guess that's one of my weird easter combos.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:50 AM   #68
Senior Cook

Quote:
I don't care for hominy, but I Love butter beans and have had a can (also w/ butter, salt, and pepper) for lunch or dinner. I also do this with black eyed peas, and black beans. Yum!
Old 03-06-2013, 09:04 AM   #69
Senior Cook

Mix cottage cheese and apple butter together. Yummy!
Old 03-06-2013, 09:41 AM   #70
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post

+1!

have you ever had grated beets, nice, hot horseradish, and chunks of farmer's cheese mixed together, rock?

Can't say as I ever have....

Tags
meals