"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 03-06-2013, 10:27 AM   #71
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbuter View Post
Mix cottage cheese and apple butter together. Yummy!
I haven't done that, but cottage cheese with French dressing....

Old 03-06-2013, 10:30 AM   #72
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
Can't say as I ever have....
I haven't tried that combo, either, BuckyTom, but have it on my list. Rock--if you leave 1-inch of the top on and the "tail" the beets don't bleed and are easy to slip once cooked. I love beets...juiced two this morning. If I had to pick a root veggie that is my favorite, it would be beets. The golden beets don't bleed, but are usually more expensive (and I seem to have so-so luck growing them).

Old 03-06-2013, 12:10 PM   #73
Master Chef

Cottage cheese and strawberry jam, that's yummy! Especially with big chunks of strawberries in the jam.

My nephew had a weird meal. He always had to have canned corn with his hot dogs and he would layer the corn on his dog like relish. Now that he's grown up, not sure if he still does that or not. Grandma would buy the small cans just for him to put on his hot dogs.

One of my favorite lunches in the summer was pork and beans straight from the can. It was special since we ate it in the field with bologna sandwiches and iced tea from the thermos with my Grandpa when he took a break from working the farm. I'd get to ride on the tractor or combine afterwards for a while too. Wonderful memories. I occasionally still open a can just to "go back there" in my mind.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:51 PM   #74
Everymom

I love beets in most forms, but never make them for myself. My favorite chocolate cake is made with canned beets. I've never made it for myself, but my eldest made it for my birthday this year. She gagged opening the can. Now that's love.

Anyone ever scoop peanut butter with kosher dill pickles?
Old 03-06-2013, 09:07 PM   #75
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Love Beets...
Old 03-07-2013, 01:27 AM   #76
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabbur View Post
Cottage cheese and strawberry jam, that's yummy! Especially with big chunks of strawberries in the jam.

My nephew had a weird meal. He always had to have canned corn with his hot dogs and he would layer the corn on his dog like relish. Now that he's grown up, not sure if he still does that or not. Grandma would buy the small cans just for him to put on his hot dogs.

One of my favorite lunches in the summer was pork and beans straight from the can. It was special since we ate it in the field with bologna sandwiches and iced tea from the thermos with my Grandpa when he took a break from working the farm. I'd get to ride on the tractor or combine afterwards for a while too. Wonderful memories. I occasionally still open a can just to "go back there" in my mind.
I love chunky cottage cheese with youngberry jam (chunky) on pumpernickel bread or rice cakes

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 01:57 AM   #77
Chef Extraordinaire

i discovered this one recently. i like seafood with pizza (we often order mussels marinara or fra diavolo as an appy when ordering pizza), but since i was out of red pepper flakes, i crumbled spicy kimchi flavour dried seaweed (korean roasted laver) on my pizza. deeelicious, and hot!

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:13 AM   #78
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
i discovered this one recently. i like seafood with pizza (we often order mussels marinara or fra diavolo as an appy when ordering pizza), but since i was out of red pepper flakes, i crumbled spicy kimchi flavour dried seaweed (korean roasted laver) on my pizza. deeelicious, and hot!
I love seafood on pizza
My new favourite is tomato, mozzarella, spinach, asparagus, pineapple and shrimp with tabasco. Sounds whacky but it's fab!

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:52 AM   #79
Senior Cook

I hate tomatoes, beets and sauerkraut. Never been able to eat tomatoes but I can eat Ketchup all the time and loved it as a kid. And I've always ate veggie soup with tomatoes and the tomatoes never bothered me.

One of my all time crazy thing to do is take my mash potatoes and mix kernel corn in with it or baked beans. DH thinks that's weird.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:56 AM   #80
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagut View Post
Sorry not liking cauliflower, mashed tater, or beets can only lead to banishment.

BTW. I don't like Tomatoes unless they are in a sauce. Don't try to put one on my sandwich or in my salad.
One of my brothers hated tomatoes but loved ketsup. He even put the stuff on peanut butter and banana sandwiches.

Tags
meals