"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Menu Planning > Today's Menu

Old 03-07-2013, 08:02 AM   #81
Head Chef

I'm picky about tomatos too but not as bad I used to be. I won't put tomatos on my salad if it's just a side salad with dinner, but will use them if it's a salad meal like a cobb salad or something similar. Don't put them on my sandwiches either unless it's a BLT, which I love. I love Margharita pizzas too, close to the only kind I'll eat anymore, but they have to be thinly sliced. Only use ketchup if the french fries aren't that great or if it's in a recipe, although I will eat it on a BK or Wendy's burger.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:08 AM   #82
Head Chef

Back on topic of weird meals, nothing that I can think of anymore but when I was a teen, french fries and a chocolate milkshake or french fries and a chocolate eclair when out with friends.

Old 03-07-2013, 09:17 AM   #83
Master Chef

I like to make french toast with a batter of egg, milk, sweetener, and cinnamon. I cook two pieces on the griddle at the same time. I flip one, put a couple slices of thick-cut Velveeta on the cooked side, place the other cooked side on top, and finish like a grilled cheese sandwich. Serve with maple syrup.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 09:22 AM   #84
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Longwind Of The North View Post
I like to make french toast with a batter of egg, milk, sweetener, and cinnamon. I cook two pieces on the griddle at the same time. I flip one, put a couple slices of thick-cut Velveeta on the cooked side, place the other cooked side on top, and finish like a grilled cheese sandwich. Serve with maple syrup.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North
I do something similar. I just leave out the cinnamon and use fresh mozzarella instead of velveeta and I serve it with cracked black pepper and maple syrup.

I love cheese with sweet things like syrup and jams.

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #85
Head Chef

I'm happy to see I'm not alone in not liking Tomatoes.

They were created to be thrown at bad performances.

So far I haven't seen any "weird" meals on this thread.

All I've seen are different tastes from different people and varying attitudes on when they feel like cooking up a storm or taking it easy now and then.

That to me is a good thing.

Chief, The Wawa stores around here sell breakfast sandwiches made with pancakes instead of bread or muffins. Your creation of French toast sounds good. Might have to give it a try someday.

And when it comes to Velveeta. Sometimes there is a need for what it offers. Doesn't matter how much someone wants to complain about it not being a "real" food. It is the taste that is desired.
Kind of like Spam.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:43 PM   #86
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagut View Post
... The Wawa stores around here sell breakfast sandwiches made with pancakes instead of bread or muffins. Your creation of French toast sounds good. Might have to give it a try someday.

And when it comes to Velveeta. Sometimes there is a need for what it offers. Doesn't matter how much someone wants to complain about it not being a "real" food. It is the taste that is desired.
Kind of like Spam.
You have a great head for food. No food-snobbery around here. If it tastes good, and it fits the recipe, then use it.

Take it over the top by adding a patty of good breakfast sausage, or ham, or cooked bacon slices between the slices as well.

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 05:05 PM   #87
Head Chef

I have no head for food.

I just have a stomach that likes most of what I put in it.

"No food-snobbery around here."

I've noticed that and it's why I like the place.

" If it tastes good, and it fits the recipe, then use it."

So your a mind reader as well as a chef. My thoughts exactly. Just don't over do anything.

You said bacon so I'm sold.

Bacon is a spice now isn't it?
Old 03-07-2013, 05:30 PM   #88
Sous Chef

How's this for strange. Left over spaghetti noodles saute'd in butter (not skimpy butter but enough to coat the noodles) and then you sprinkle sugar and cinnamon over the top. Ridiculous. Delicious. All the things my doctor warns me about all wrapped into one dish. =0)
Old 03-07-2013, 10:19 PM   #89
Head Chef

I'm a "savory" guy.

My leftover pasta is heated in a pan with parmesan, chopped scallions and a bit of cottage cheese.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:35 PM   #90
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I had a major problem with malted milk balls today...it was what was for lunch. I hope the Easter candy is gone spoon.

Tags
meals